Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
i saw this in todays newspaper,about a women with als for 13yrs and is still going strong.
though she has slow progression and was diagnosed,ed at 28yrs of age,she and her doctors put it down to posative thinking.
it reminded of me as i got ill at 31yrs and have had mnd 9yrs now,my son has kept me going like her children did.
the mind is very powerfull,though i know it can not bring about miracles but posative thinking can help.
the article is the second one down "its been hell-but its made me a much better mother".
take good care.
caroline:razz:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1056409/We-told-months-live--here.html

Caroline,

I truely believe what you are saying about positive thinking. If you continue to think about and visualize good and postive things..how can that be bad. If anything you will feel better. I know for me when I was thinking about all the bad that could go wrong I was so negative, but when I began to get grateful, even for the things most people take for granted, I was in a much better place.

Thanks fpr sharing Caroline! The article was one of inspiration and hope, who couldn't use a good dose of that?

Hi Caroline,

You're absolutely right! A positive outlook leads your body down the right path.
I'm coming up on 15 years of having ALS. (Oct)
I wrote once that before ALS I could do maybe 10,000 things (give or take a hundred)! Now I can do maybe 4000 things. So do I focus on the 6000 things I can no longer do, or the 4000 things I still can?

We have to focus on where we want to go, not on what we fear.

Did a positive outlook put me on a plateau for that time? I don't know...probably not. But it made me more tolerable to be around for my family. At least I had control over that part of my life.

Cheers!

I wrote once that before ALS I could do maybe 10,000 things (give or take a hundred)! Now I can do maybe 4000 things. So do I focus on the 6000 things I can no longer do, or the 4000 things I still can?

We have to focus on where we want to go, not on what we fear.

Did a positive outlook put me on a plateau for that time? I don't know...probably not. But it made me more tolerable to be around for my family. At least I had control over that part of my life.

Cheers!

Mike27,

What a great outlook you have...it takes alot of self will to have your kind of mental attitude..my admiration and respect to you. Stay well

Hey Mike. Been wondering how you were doing. Thanks for stopping by.

AL.

Hi Mike

How you doing You sound like your ok! What are you taking? anything new that you tried.

Great to see your still watching Pat

Thanks for sharing Caroline! The article was inspiration to me and I can use a dose of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back