Portable shower for downstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shower we bought was the SS4040 from Fawssit: I think it was around $2800 including shipping. Great customer service. Really care about their product and helping others.

I've attempted to attach 5 photos to give an idea of the room set-up we have (dimensions are ~ 8-9 ft x 14.5 ft).

The first shows the bed, second shows the shower with the bed in the foreground, third is a view from the bed end of the room looking towards the shower. The fourth is a closer view of the shower.

The last picture shows the faucet set up we have. If you have a sink near by, its a piece of cake. However, our closest sink was either our kitchen or half bath which were a couple of rooms away. Rather than dragging long hoses through the living and family rooms, a handy friend simply drilled through the floor to the basement and inserted a faucet on a shelf in the nook we had in the room. So the silver tubes are hot and cold water, the white tube off the faucet is the shower head and the clear tubing is where the water drains through (the shower comes with a pump to drain the water; it flows into a sink in the basement). So, very quick and "dirty" approach....but far less dirty than a renovation.

Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to ask me anything for clarification.

Attachments

• View of bed.jpg
    View of bed.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 182
  • View of shower.jpg
    View of shower.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 192
  • view of room.jpg
    view of room.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 183
  • shower close up.jpg
    shower close up.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Sink set-up.jpg
    Sink set-up.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the water stays completely within the shower. Outside the shower is one of those plastic mats that you would use under a desk so a rolling chair could move easily (I realized that someone looking at the photo may have thought the rug was soaking wet so wanted to clarify that it is dry and reassure people that all the water stays self-contained)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Turtals!

I am wondering how the chair gets over into the shower area?
Also how/where it drains?

What we also had was a nice set of drawers on wheels. It contained all Chris's personal hygiene things, including towels, face washers etc. It meant everything was on hand all the time.

Hi Tillie,
Great idea about the rolling drawers.

If one googles the shower, there are some photos/graphics about how it works. The vinyl pan is velcroed to the sides. To get the chair in and out, one simply lowers the front bar, rolls the chair and then raises the bar back up. As far as draining, there is a pump that pumps the water through a tube into a sink. Hope that is helpful.

Thank you, Turtals.

The shower you have looks great, but with my progression I am not sure this is cost effective. I will keep this in mind in my search, but am looking for experiences with less pricey solutions.

At this time I am going to friends or family a couple times a week to shower. This may not alway be possible.

@Turtals that is totally helpful!

The beauty of the one we used was that we had a drain hole in the bathroom floor, so no pump needed.

@ dldugan do you have a drain hole in the floor?
That solution of Turtals is very price effective compared to remodelling a bathroom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back