Porch Lift and Bathroom Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS comes to Canada. So does Fedex. Send em on up. AL.

Rick,
We are from Memphis, I think I mentioned it earlier, and we love our ribs dry! We are working on our bathroom now, so I will send pics later.
Lisa

bathroom and porch lifts

Great Pictures, AL. Inspiring, too. I showed them to my husband, Lee, and said, "we need to do some more landscaping!" Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Al, I love your lift and shower, my husband would love this set up, but unfortunately, we don't have the room- tried to view before but couldn't get in. Elo

Have a ? Al

If you don't mind. Me and hubby are adding a master bedroom and bath. We would like to know your measurements for the shower, toilet and sink area. and the size of the bathroom. To give us a idea of how much room I need to get around when I have to start depending on a walker or/and a wheelchair. And how the setup is working out for you or if you would change anything. I would really appreciate it. By the way congratulations on your new grand baby:-D

Thanks

slm455

I am really sorry I haven't got back to you on your questions. I read the post and meant to come back later and forgot. About the only thing we would change is adding more room at one side of the toilet. We built the section with the toilet in the center with the thinking that you could slide a commode chair over it. That works ok but a friend who visits and is a paraplegic can't get his chair beside the toilet to transfer over. Some might not have this issue but it came up for us. Another 18 inches on one side would be a good idea. Lee is out right now and I can't hold a tape measure so I will get back to you tomorrow with the other dimensions. AL.

Sorry once again about delay. Bathroom is 10 x 11 and shower is 4 1/2 x 5 ft. Counter is 6 ft long and opening is 3ft 8 in. Toilet area is 4 and a half feet with toilet in center but I would make it at least 1 foot wider on one side for better chair access. AL.

Thanks Al

Sorry about my delay also. Computer screen crashed on our lap top. Was in the shop forever. Our bathroom is going to be a little smaller than yours. But your suggestion on the toilet area came in handy. We are putting the shower and toilet in the same room. Our building codes require the toilet to be inclosed so why not take up one wall and put them both in there and tile the walls. I am all for easy cleaning of a toilet:mrgreen: .

THanks again :mrgreen:

slm455

Hi we are new to this don't for sure have diagnosed yet but are being sent to an ALS clinic so all the nero says is "that is my primary concern" I feel it probally is with Bulbar onset. So my question is we were in the middle of remodeling when this started have not done the bath yet. We have a 12ft wide mobile home and have added on the side so we have 36' doors. The bath is a 10 x10 with 54" between shower and front of sink and 35" opening with toliet in middle. Is that enough room to transfer? How high is your sink? I can change the type of sink cabnit to one with legs instead of one with doors. Do you have to have a roll in shower or does regular one work with a lift? We are working on a ramp to get in. Any other ideas to think of now when we have time? I am sure some of this is when is it needed not if.

Hi georgia. Is that your name or are you from there? Welcome to our forum. You have almost 5 feet to move around in so that should not be a problem and the width of the toilet area may be OK depending what type of transfer seat you use or you could just use a commode chair and there should be enough room. My shower is ramped but lots of people use lifts and even a transfer bench to get into a tub so either way should work. It is more or less up to you. My counter top for the sink is 32 inches high which is high enough for a regular wheelchair to fit under it but I'm not sure about a power chair but the arms are adjustable so should fit. Hope this helps you out.
AL.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. My name is not Georgia but I am from Georgia. User names are hard to decide. This bathroom is the room next to the master BR so it a matter is getting in there but the door widths are 36". I was not sure if I needed a seperate roll in or just the ability to get in and move around. The lifts I see seem to take a lot of room. Do most people use a mounted one or a portable one?

Yes those are the granddogs. My daughters dogs. We live with the daughter and son in law. We built the fully wheelchair handicapped accessible apt. here. The larger dog is a 10 year old Rough coat Border and the smaller guy is a Prick Eared Smooth Coat Border. Gage and Desoto are their names. Kids work shift work so dogs spend most time with Lee and I. Lovely dogs.
AL.

Al said:
Yes those are the granddogs. My daughters dogs. We live with the daughter and son in law. We built the fully wheelchair handicapped accessible apt. here. The larger dog is a 10 year old Rough coat Border and the smaller guy is a Prick Eared Smooth Coat Border. Gage and Desoto are their names. Kids work shift work so dogs spend most time with Lee and I. Lovely dogs.
AL.

I have a 2 year old Border Colie, and a 3 year old German Short Wired Hair pointer.. Not the smartest Animal.. but a heart of gold.. Great companions to have.. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back