Polls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

I'm new to the ALS forums (and deficient in computer lingo). What does 'Add a Poll' etc mean. How do I respond on the forum to a post?
Is it 'New Topic'?
I have found the forums very helpful in the short time I've been a member.
Jessie

Hi Jessie and welcome. Do you have ALS or a loved one? Seeing that you are posting in the Caregiver forum I would surmise that it is someone else. If you want to go back and read a couple of posts there are some instructions for working the forum. The Introductions will help you to get a little idea of who most of the regulars around here are. When you go to the ALS website and click on the forums a new page opens. Click on the General Chatter on the left side of the page. This opens another page for you with all the topics or threads as they are sometimes called. Click on the topic on the left to read all the posts or click on the right side to read the last one for that subject. I would suggest reading Introductions requested and page 2 of the Stem cell research topic about half way down the page there are more instructions.
You can hit the back button or click ALS Community and this will take you back to the forum list and you can see if anyone has posted. To add a poll click on it type in the subject and a new page is added asking people to vote on your poll.
To reply to a post click post reply and if you are on the page of the post you are replying to no subject is needed just type your message and hit submit. If the subject is different than the page you are on type in the subject in the subject line and submit. OR You can start a new subject by clicking on the New Subject line. Hope this helps. Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back