08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Moving right along now!

The appointment for the MRI of my spine is next week on the 20th. The lady said it will be taking a look at T-1 on down. I'm sure this will either prove I have a pinched nerve or throw my theory into chaos.

I vote for a pinched nerve, Kim. THey are no walk in the park but better than MND!

Z-
Great news! That's actually pretty quick, I think? Keep us posted-
b

I think the VA has done a very good job so far. I just phoned them to make sure they know when the appointment is so maybe the ball can start rolling on the follow-up consultation with the neuro guy.

I feel confident they will not disappoint.

OOOOOH, a trot means your still in the race, maybe I should pick it up to a gallop.

Renee

Hey Kim -
Just had mine last night, but I won't get the results until Feb. 5th......I hate the waiting! It took about 35 mintues total, much longer than the one of my brain :) It was much noiser too for some reason. I think of your PNS theory frequently when I'm feeling particularly nervous about all this . . .let's hope we both have it!
Suzann

Well if Renee is going to pick it up a little, then I am going to get back in the race as well. I have a follow-up with first neuro on Monday that I was going to skip out on given my luck lately but what the heck....a little healthy competition never hurt anyone.

I am sitting here with the silliest image: Me, my gorgeous neuro, my first neuro and GP, with our ankles bound together ....all racing towards that distant finish line and banner that says "diagnosis!", and there up ahead and to my right is Kim and his doctors, in one big-ass potato sack while all trying to hop in unison...and Renee and hers are to the left-carrying the egg under the chin thing with all of them blindfolded and just feeling their way forward. And just for fun, nasty fairies on the sideline tossing obstacles in all our paths.

Had to share. Enjoyed two pots of coffee this morning....so it's all good. :p

I am psyched for you Kim, here's hoping for a break in your case! Cheers (now do virtual sip of some type of carbonated liquid.)

Lydia

The forums have just been full of good news, and people moving forward. It's awesome. My heart fell wehn Zaphoon was first having to add another month all to his wait, now it looks like so many people are moving full speed ahead.

Take care,

Robert

Lydia,
Hilarious!

And might I add a small propane torch to provide " a little fire under your ass" to everyone, so they can all celebrate together at the finish line!

Brenda,

I'm not sure the torch under the ass is a good idea. There could be some flatulence during the race.

Kim, that's awesome!
Lydia, you're just brilliant. How funny,

... I knew someone that caught on fire, not because he lit a fire under his butt, but under his car to try to warm it up one morning. and the gas tank caught. I can only wish this was a joke.

I am normally a competitive person and pushed up my new nuero appt to feb 5th BUT, I have to take myself out of the race. I throw in the towel on this one! I pushed back my CC appt untill March. I decided to wait for the head doctor of the als center there. I do feel that my current als doc is good enough so if I am going to switch than I should go to to the top! BUT, I could still win..........dont count me out!

Rose

I don't know poison darts and fires under gas tanks, I don't know how you have survived your friends? Just kidding, I have known a few if my day.

Renee

Renee,

You don't know the half of it! That's why when I read some of those that post on here, that seem to have mainly anxiety, its so hard to relate, because life is, and has been, so interesting, why would anyone want to waste time worrying about unfounded fears? However, I know that is a simplistic view, and their fears are very real to them.

There is a saying: "life is an adventure to be lived, not a story to be told" and I firmly believe that. And I don't think that one person should be able to define what another's adventure is.

BTW, re: your screenname: Louisville... I even have a Louisville memory. I had a layover in Louisville, right before the derby in 2001. I remember it because it was the week before, when you guys have the fireworks display. My crew all ended up in my room (because it had the best view) and, back then, "pre 9/11", we were allowed to travel with tools, and a couple of us had a "leatherman" that all purpose tool that is a screwdriver, knife, etc. So, they decided that although my view was good, that the window was dirty, so they took my window apart, took out the pane. My room was on the second floor, overlooking the covered front driveway of the hotel. So, we carried the desk chairs from our rooms, out through my disassembled window, onto the "roof" (driveway overhang) and had cold beers, and champagne, and, great muchies, while watching the dual fireworks display. Thank God no one knew what was to come, and how times would change, and I didn't know what was in store for my health. It was just a beautiful display and a memory made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back