Pokey Is Now In A Trot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z-
Perhaps he who farts the loudest wins the race!
-b

Hi Rose...Love that story, but did you have to use the word "munchie"? I think your looking to see if Kim is still awake, or if he still has those joints that the nuns never collected from him.

lovelily,

I swear Zaphoon could get the "Nun Story" published. I'm thinking the little section in Readers Digest where they have the military short funnies.

Re: the Louisville Kentucky Derby fireworks... Usually crews don't fly together all that often. One of the flight attendants and I happened to be friends anyway, but the rest of us had just met for that trip, as is common. But, after that trip, when we'd see each other in passing, going through an airport somewhere, we'd always have to make time to stop and talk. So much of what makes our lives interesting and makes for good memories has little to do with what we've achieved in material things, but rather what we've experienced, and shared, just like we share here :)

I think this thread fell apart about a dozen postings or so ago:grin:

Brenda, that would be an interesting race.

Rose, I have several short stories that I'd like to group together and publish in a book someday. I think you have some very interesting stories, yourself!

Thank you to all of my friends! I think I have about 15 now!

Last edited:
Rose

Great story. I have a few of my own. Well, with 4 husbands and 7 kids, oh you all did not know that yet. I had a very early start on marriage, 15, no kids until 20,but real interesting men. or boys, I should say.I will have to gradually fill you all in.

Renee

Hey, Renee ... ease us into it. You have four who? Seven what? Fill us in on the where, when and why.

Beth

I will start slowly, First Husband, 15 years old, Parents getting a divorce and they felt like this would be a good idea. They signed, I got married, no kids, finished high school early, they kind of rushed me through. Two years later my mom was stuck with me again, Can you believe, she could not believe this marriage would not last. I was divorced by 18 and married to my oldest kids dad by the time I was 20, a ten year marriage. Thats all for now I will have to really prepare you for dreaded husband number 3.

Thanks, Renee ... I'm braced and am clutching my seat cushion as a flotation device, so I'm ready when you are.

Wow

Husband number three I was going to make a joke about him, but nothing really funny about it. I was 30, he was 24, we were married three months, I found out he had trouble with little kids, He was arrested and I never saw him again. How do you make that story humorous? So I moved on to husband number 4, who happens to be really funny, raising my three older kids and adopting 4 more with me, how funny can you get. Or is he just crazy?

Renee

Renee,
sometimes the crazy:mrgreen:eek:nes are the best!

Renee ... what a story. I agree that you can't make anything funny about someone who messes with kids. But you have a happy ending! Sounds like you found Mr. Right !

Okay, since this was another one of my threads to be hijacked, I thought I would stick this post here as this is my 500th post and thus qualifies me for "senior member" status!

Yes, I've been waiting for this moment for several posts now! Go ahead and laugh...

Yes, I now have my eyes not set on "Very Helpful Member" status, too. (Go ahead, laugh louder)

I'm off to celebrate my promotion! I guess I'll play some marches or something...

I will always remember that this inauguration day, 2009, was also my promotion day for achieving the celebrated rank of "Senior Member"! (Lord, I miss the military! ... does it show?)

Last edited:
I don't believe it....there is a ranking of members based on number of posts? How could I have missed this? Zaphoon I am thrilled for you while secretly doing the math for my own promotion. So much for the ++++++s.

Congrats on the big day!

Lydia

Lydia,

I was wondering if anyone would see that historic posting of mine. When you look at Beths and a few others, you'll notice the "Very Helpful Member" status. They went over the 1,000 mark. Reach 500, like me and wha-la! Senior Member!

Thank you for joining me in my celebratory dance!

Just so you know my version of the celebratory dance is what we call the "Snoopy-Dance".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back