CALS
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
Collierville
Hello All!

My wife was recently diagnosed with ALS and I have set up a poker tournament on Full Tilt Poker to raise money for the Memphis Walk to D' Feet ALS being held October 20th.

The tournament is on Tuesday, October 2 at 8:25 PM Eastern Time. It is a $5 + $5 buy-in, with $4.50 of the fee going directly to Ami's Awesome Army walk team.

The tournament ID is 28043574 and the password is "als_ami". The link to our walk team's page is http://web.alsa.org/goto/ami.yoder.

Feel free to post any questions in this thread, hope to see some people in the tournament!

Darrin

Hello Darrin- what an innovative way to raise funds. I hope it is very successful for you guys! BTW, welcome to the forum. Keep us informed about your fundraiser! Cindy

Thanks Cindy, so far there are 27 people registered, which is $121.50, plus several poker players have donated directly to our walk team.

Well, the poker tournament ended up having 64 people and $320 was raised by the entry fee, and another $490 was donated by people playing in the tournament! Everyone had a good time!

Just curious..Anybody ever try a Eucra tourny? Wondering if that would work? A though for us in the new year..

The Brampton/ Bramalea Kinsmen used to run a Euchre Tournament and had good success with it. My in laws still play euchre weekly at their church group so I guess everybody isn't playing poker yet.
AL.

The Brampton/ Bramalea Kinsmen used to run a Euchre Tournament and had good success with it. My in laws still play euchre weekly at their church group so I guess everybody isn't playing poker yet.
AL.

~Laugh~ Al.. I love playing poker.. the ol'fashion type.. where a bunch of guys sit around slugg'n beer..and calling names like Aces and deauces.. or follow the *itch.. or 2's and 8's are wild.. But the new poker ya see on TV..and texas Holdum.. No clue..:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back