Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
Brampton
Hi! My name is Lily and my mom is living with ALS. It has been quite a difficult journey and I often feel like my life is on hold as I try to figure out how best to share this journey with my mom. I wrote a poem about it which might encourage some of you...

You can read it at my blog:
http://web.me.com/lilycheng/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/8/25_Sitting_on_the_Platform.html

My prayers are out there to all of you on this painful yet surprisingly beautiful at times journey.

What a wonderful poem

Thank you, Lily, for stating so well what many of us feel. My dad is dying, not so slowly, of ALS, and my mom died 3 months ago from Pulmonary Fibrosis. It is a very different state of mind we are in, but we need to remember that is IS a natural part of life.

lovely poem!

Hi Lily,

Your poem was wonderful. You certainly have a gift for poetry and writing. Keep writing.

My heart and prayers go to you and all children, parents, siblings, spouses, that daily live with ALS. It is so very very hard.

Try to get away, even for hours to enjoy the sun, a movie, some friends and enjoy life, because that is what your mom would want you to do.

You are a loving caring daughter!

Sharing a beautiful poem

Hi! My name is Lily and my mom is living with ALS. It has been quite a difficult journey and I often feel like my life is on hold as I try to figure out how best to share this journey with my mom. I wrote a poem about it which might encourage some of you...

You can read it at my blog:
http://web.me.com/lilycheng/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/8/25_Sitting_on_the_Platform.html

My prayers are out there to all of you on this painful yet surprisingly beautiful at times journey.

Hi Lily! I am so sorry to hear your mom is living with Als. I know what you mean by "a difficult journey." Also feeling like your life is on hold, and on top of that you just wish you could stop the world from spinning! God, what a helpless feeling. I've been there, dear, and still hurting. May God bless you, your dear Mom, and the family. Keep us posted. I don't do much posting anymore, I mostly read, trying to keep up.

I would like to thank you for starting this thread on "poems," because the other day I spotted one out of one of Tim McLean's web sites created by friends and family. I have been wanting to share it with you guys, but was waiting for the right time. To all the others: I am not trying to get off topic, I am only sharing a beautiful poem. Do not know who wrote it. It is as it follows:

"For a Son"

No words I write can ever say
How much I miss you every day.
As time goes by, the loneliness grows,
How I miss you, nobody knows.
I think of you in silence,
I often speak your name.
But all I have are memories,
And a photo in a frame.
No one sees me weep.
But the love I have for you,
Is in my heart, and mine to keep.
I have never stopped loving you
And I know I never will.
Deep inside my heart,
You are with me still.
Heartaches, this world are many,
But mine is worse than any.
My heart still aches, as I whisper low,
"I need you...and miss you so."
The things we feel so deeply
Are often the hardest to say.
But I just can't keep quiet anymore,
So I'll tell you any ways.
There is a place within my heart
That no one else can fill.
I love you and always will.

Hope my Pals and Cals enjoy this poem. God bless us all!

Irma

Thank you Lily

Bless you and thank you Lily for giving comfort to those of us who continually try to fight the good fight and appreciate the view on the platform.

Very nice Lily! It is such a trip to see my feelings articulated... well, how my feelings were before Dad passed away. It is such a mental tug of war, especially when the illness is long. You miss having the opportunity to live your life while at the same time you treasure the time with the one you love and there is no reward as fulfilling as being there for them is.

Thanks for sharing the poem, it's beautiful and sums up my last 6 years in a nutshell!

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back