Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
AUS
State
Victoria
City
Bendigo
Hi All, I just found this forum and I'm glad I did!
I was diagnosed with PMA/MND on June 1st this year after many years of inconclusive tests. It wasn't until I lost muscle in my right hand that my neurologist looked deeper to find the cause.

My right hand is affected badly and it is now spreading to my right leg, I have had 1 fall and a couple of close falls because of it.

I have just typed my resignation for work as I feel I am no longer able to continue working safely with my leg deterioration. (I am on my feet for at least 5 hours per shift)

I'm about to start some physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy and am hoping my GP can refer me to a massage therapist for the aching and soreness in my legs and back. :confused:

Hi & Welcome.

Perhaps you'd change your profile from "ALS" diagnosis to "Other MND" so people can reply to you more appropriately, as PMA differs from ALS.

Actually, Ells, an increasing number of studies suggest that there is no "PMA" as such, simply LMN-dominant disease, when they are followed out, just as we have PLS/UMND on the other side of the spectrum. So I think AC is fine as she is.

Welcome, Aussie. Sorry you are having to leave work.

Best,
Laurie

Welcome aussie, I'm up where the sun shines warmer, Far North Coast NSW near the QLD border :)

Sorry about your diagnosis and having to welcome you to the family xx

Sorry to welcome another fellow Aussie.

I wouldn't have thought a gp could refer you to a massage therapist? Are you under a private health care fund? Either way I Did find massage helpful just make sure they're not too rough or it could make things worse , plus I found it could set off cramps in my legs.

Now you've stopped working make sure you check out your tpd cover on your super fund/s if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back