Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
The Middle Part:)
It is official with a second diagonosis of my lower motor neuron progression, the neuro says it is PMA. Has anybody else with PMA on this forum had it start in their hands and then arms? Mine seems to be progressing slightly faster than normal.

How fast is your progression? I do hope it slows for you.

Thank you KANSASTOM They said work was probably the main reason as my job was very physical. I am now on disability and resting more. Hope the fascillations mellow out soon. What sucks is now with this diagnosis I'm not eligible for any up and coming drug trials.

I was diagnosed with PMA a year and a half ago although I experienced symptoms a year prior to that. I just did not recognize them as such.
It started with my left hand. Working in auto restoration, it was logical to pass of the weakness as fatigue.

I've been told this disease can speed up and slow down at will. I hope yours does the latter.

Have any of you guys been told that it could also be a adult onset spinal muscular atrophy? Very simialr to PMA except much slower progression.

Ziggy 33 how is your progression? Mine has started to progress further and walking is becoming more of a go for a bit and stop and rest type of activity now. It is good to hear from someone who has been diagnosed with PMA as well. You read online and it says basically we have 5 to 10 years to live. I ask the Dr and he says , it's possible I could out live him. It's the not knowing what or how my body is going to be effected next but that it is slowing down that drives me crazy. Now that i'm off work I have a lot of time to think and that drives me crazy a little too....lol but I would love to hear from more people with PMA or people who started with PMA and developed into ALS. KansasTom all of my blood tests and spinal tap have came out negative, would that weed out adult onset spinal muscular atrophy?

It really depends on your family history. Check out the Jennifer Trust Foundation they have some info on Adult SMA. The progression is usually pretty slow, with some plateaus. I was originally diagnosed with ALS and now Adult onset SMA or Monomelic Amyotrophy or something unknown, who knows time will tell. Good luck and I hope the progression slows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back