Status
Not open for further replies.
For future reference, you don't need to repost corrections, you can edit the original post. However you have a limited amount of time to do this. An hour maybe after you post it? Not sure how long the post remains available for editing. Look for the 'edit' button next to the 'reply' and 'quote' buttons underneath your post. It will disappear when you can no longer us it.

I think its more like 15 minutes. But you are correct that its available!

To jpsteeler99, I cannot tell by your post how long between the first symptom of left leg drop foot and then the slurred speech come about, but it sounds like you would be progressing faster than those who have pls.

I have had symptoms for over 20 years. It took 17 years before they gave a correct diag noses of pls for me. Although in that time, I had other medical issues that got in the way of focusing on the real problem. But I am just now to where I have to use a pwc 98% of the time and have been loosing strength in my arms, shoulders, hands ect for the past 3 years.

I hope you find your answers.

It could be that he started progressing way faster than the average PLS patient (if it's indeed PLS what he has) but, don't forget that some patients (either PLS or ALS) start progressing at a very fast rate and then "plateau", and their progression slows down for some time until it picks up speed again.

Not saying that is necessarily his case but, it could be.

Regards,

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back