Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
The V.A. has me diagnosed with "Presumptive PLS" (and the PLS doesn't stand for "please"). I have had a bad flare-up involving hip muscles for several weeks and this led me to knock on the door of my team's GP with the V.A. He let me in, examined me and decided he needed a CT scan on my lower trunk.

Got the results from Thursday's scan. I am impressed with the speed in which results are obtained from my V.A. clinic. I've had blood work taken at 0830 and the doc was reading the results to me 30 minutes later at 0900.

The "Aw, Shucks!" is that the scan was unremarkable with the exception of normal degeneration. My GP wrote, "The important finding is that no stenosis involving a nerve was present at any level." Aw, shucks! All of this time that I've been banking on them (the doctors) finding a pinched nerve has proven fruitless! Aw, shucks!

I paid my cramp candy bill so I no longer feel bad about taking it without having paid for it. The combo of baclofen and gabapentin taken together has proven to be of some benefit. The secret for me is keeping them both at a low dosage.

Blood work good - no thyroid, B12 or other issues... Aw, shucks!
MRI of brain, t-spine and c-spine clear... Aw, shucks!
EMG/NCV normal... Aw, shucks!
CT scan unremarkable... Aw, shucks!

PLS is like a ghost. Effects of its presence are visible but it is not. (Okay, it can be seen when they open up your head upon autopsy.) My head remains closed for the present!

Last edited:
Re: Another "Aw, Shucks!" Moment

Dear Kim... I am both glad your results came in fast, and also very sorry a "good" and definite diagnosis isn't yours... yet. Stay alive, please, and don't give them the fun of finding out anything via an autopsy.

And may your cramp candy never let you down. Hugs.
Ann

Shucks, man! So much for your theory! Hope you don't get too many cramps "in all the wrong places."

The V.A. has me diagnosed with "Presumptive PLS" (and the PLS doesn't stand for "please"). I have had a bad flare-up involving hip muscles for several weeks and this led me to knock on the door of my team's GP with the V.A. He let me in, examined me and decided he needed a CT scan on my lower trunk.

Got the results from Thursday's scan. I am impressed with the speed in which results are obtained from my V.A. clinic. I've had blood work taken at 0830 and the doc was reading the results to me 30 minutes later at 0900.

The "Aw, Shucks!" is that the scan was unremarkable with the exception of normal degeneration. My GP wrote, "The important finding is that no stenosis involving a nerve was present at any level." Aw, shucks! All of this time that I've been banking on them (the doctors) finding a pinched nerve has proven fruitless! Aw, shucks!

I paid my cramp candy bill so I no longer feel bad about taking it without having paid for it. The combo of baclofen and gabapentin taken together has proven to be of some benefit. The secret for me is keeping them both at a low dosage.

Blood work good - no thyroid, B12 or other issues... Aw, shucks!
MRI of brain, t-spine and c-spine clear... Aw, shucks!
EMG/NCV normal... Aw, shucks!
CT scan unremarkable... Aw, shucks!

PLS is like a ghost. Effects of its presence are visible but it is not. (Okay, it can be seen when they open up your head upon autopsy.) My head remains closed for the present!

please keep your head closed for a long time

AW, SHUCKS! :sad::sad::sad:

We are the backwards people. Doctors read us perfectly clean test results with a huge smile and don't understand why we aren't smiling too.

zaph..i feel sorry for neuro"s, cos they dont neuro....and the try hard to make you think they neuro, but they just dont neuro..all that training and all that money and they just dont neuro...sad.....there neuro nearer kneuroing now than ever.............maybe its better not to neuro..i dont neuro........i neuro nothing........johnny

yup...I know how you feel. Its frustrating. Don't have anything else to say really...other than hang in there!

AWE SHUCKS!

i think were the only group of people who hope for dirty test results............sad really:(

johnnyneuro.............once again you have cracked me up:lol::lol::lol:

Johnny, Thanks, mate! You made me feel a bit more chipper!

yup...I know how you feel. Its frustrating. Don't have anything else to say really...other than hang in there!

Funny that's what my Neuro say's too!

:shock:

Yea Olly.We are very wierd. I came out of my last MRI back in March, and burst into tears when they said it was normal. I was hopeing for MS, at least I could have answers and some therapy. You other People wqith PLS are the ONLY ones who will ever understand this phenomenon. Its just such a long ride to "discovery" if we really ever get there.
It drives me crazy if I think about it. Nothing like being an Ostrich instead.
Maybe we should all have a worldwide booze up and meet somewhere in the middle of the world.... say Vanuatu? Oh that would be a laugh. Ha ha.

Its sooo hot here, wish I could have some of the snows thats about in the UK.
love to all you great people, thanks for the support. Have a great Christmas.
Aly

aly i was exactly the same.....wanted mri to show ms.
its so hard to understand and explain to people tests are ok when in fact such devestation is going on in our bodies.

ooohhh what i would do for some sun......more heavy snow expected for tomorrow and friday......yip-pee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back