Diagnosis
02/2001
Country
US
State
KY
City
HARRODSBURG
I need help and know you folks are the ones to ask...

Because my original claim was denied over a year ago PVA has indicated I should file to reopen the claim based on the "PLS is a variant of ALS" I need any supporting documents I can get. I have the St. Pete approval and medical reference documents from my last thread. I was hoping that those that have been approved would send me their approval documents to include and any other material that supports this.

Thank You!

Hello Andy...
My husband was diagnosed with ALS in 2009.. he is a Retired Vet of AF. His neurologist at the base (and the VA) diagnosed him with ALS as opposed to PLS because PLS is not service connected. He gets more benefits with that diagnosis (my husband says it is PLS because the disease came on hard and fast and has stopped progression)...you should try again to file .. his Dr's should be able to give you the documents you need. And with anything you do with the VA.. make double copies and send copies to your caseworker at PVA...Good luck.. it takes time. but well worth it...

I think your getting a little bit ahead of yourself. You need to get your medical evidence in order first then back it up with the BVA decisions and other supporting documents. Get a solid diagnosis that includes all of your tests, follow up visits, etc then a detailed written medical opinion from you doctor explaining how PLS is a variant of ALS. Then use the supporting documents to back all that up.

If you haven't already try this link.

https://sites.google.com/site/veteranswithpls/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back