Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
Has anyone else had a skin disease since onset of PLS .Like Psoriasis or Sebhoric Dermatitis .My very first day of symptoms ,i went to take a shower and the soap burnt my kness ,elbows and face . I dismissed it ,then later on (months) started getting a rash (butteryfly rash ) on my face midforehead down over my nose on each side (over the sinuses ) found out later called Sebhoreic Dermatitis and Parkinsons patientrs have this .So now and since have Psoriasis and Sebhoreia and PLS .Butteryfly rash has almost gone but psoriasis still going strong . Want to see if theres a tie possible .Geo

just curious did they rule out all auto-immune diseases.
did you ever see a ruematoloist.

Before his bulbar symptoms occurred..he had an insatiable itch...it would almost drive him crazy..especially after shower. He also had a rash on his face...interesting. The rash still comes and goes. Take care...

Kelly I wish Rheumo then i wouldnt have speech problems and motor related issues . Not so lucky
Closest thing with a Butterfly rash is SLE Systemic Lupus Erythemytosis. Geo

Geo - are you sure you don't have dermatomyositis? It mimics pls, als....it is neuromuscular only comes with a rash. Please look into this. And it can cause speech problems..all the neuromuscular symptoms.

Thanks Why didnt someone check these before . Also my rash is only over the sinus .and im not weak at all but i talked a Allergist into giving me prednisone and i got better but he took it away saying you cannot stay on this . Im going to get some tests done .WHY DIDNT THEY CHECK THIS .I'll Be soooooo mad .Geo

Geo, one of my professors in college has dermatomyositis and hers was diagnosed before she had any muscle weakness or damage. She was put on Prednisone which started to work, but she couldn't handle it and she was switched to Methotrexate. She takes it on Saturday and does great throughout the week. When she tries to go off it, though, her symptoms come back. The myopathies can be chronic and hers apparently is. If yours cleared up with Prednisone, well, I would be running to the neuro and rheumo. So, so, so many rheumos don't know all the "rare" diseases out there and don't test for them. Same with the dermatologists. I am surprised, though, that the neuro didn't pick up on your sympyoms.

Don't let them tell you that your emg and ck levels would have proven the diagnosis because I am living proof that that isn't true. My polymyositis did not show up on my first two emg's or my ck levels, but DID show up on muscle biopsy. Now my third emg was positive for it. That is the same as dermatomyositis minus the rash. I hate to hope this illness on you, but it is better than als. It's still devastating, but better and treatable. Good luck

Wll i go Monday for a Consult with a Neuro . Amyopathic DM Thats what its called . But have found several Sub categories of it also . I hope he will ok either one or the other .Because it helped me in about a week but who knows now 7 yrs. later ? Geo .My rash isnt the same as most mine im sure is Psoriasis and on elbows and knees and now head Sebhoreic Dermo on the forehead and down and over the sinuses .

Skin diseases

My husband Jerry has broken out with a rash over the weekend. I haven't changed out laundry detergent or anything, so we're not sure if this is part of PLS. I read Geo post and am wondering if we need to rule out some other things. Jerry's going to our regular MD this afternoon. It will be interesting to see what he says.
Peggy Alexander:(

Peggy go to a Dermatologist mine is (on the face Sebhoreic dermatitis ) and the rest Psoriasis , Sebhoriec on the face ,looks like SLE rash but not . I do have a Vasomotor rhinitis though when im exposed to certain smells my Nasal passages close off right now , she used a Detergent thatset me off one time also when it rains on dry pavement or moldy smell . I think this all goes to the central Nervous system nerves being sensitive to stimuli IE cold ,heat ,smells etc etc . Personally i beleive once something invades the body it sets off a Domino Effect . Being that our Brains have a dense cluster of things packed in that once something gets in the Dominos begin to fall . Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back