Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I've been meaning to buy a pair of small pliers for some time - but after taking 5 minutes to try and close my umbrella in the pouring rain so that I could get into a cab - I realize that I need something sooner than later.

I'm sure that this is a common trait for many PALS where the muscles in the thumb and index finger on both hands are so weak that it's difficult to do anything involving a pinching motion.

Does anyone know of any other plier like products out there specifically designed to assist PALS?

Thanks.

Richard

Not sure if any are available but try Shoppers Home Mart. They have quite a few gadgets. I still drive and I keep a pair of pliars in the console because on entering a parking lot I can't grab the ticket. Pliars work great for that. Haven't tried it on debit card at the gas pump yet though. Can't push it in and pull it out fast enough with my hands. I'm sure someone will have something to say about that one. LOL. I did have a site with a lot of gadgets but lost it in a hard drive crash last month. I'll try to find it again and post it. Al.

Thanks Al.

There are lots of neat stuff there.

The only thing missing was a nose picking aid. :D

Richard

Richard, you and my brother would get along well... He has his own nose picking aid, and while his wife and I think it's gross, it works for him (he doesn't have the strength to blow his nose anymore). It (or should I say SHE) is a Jack Russell Terrier named Zoe. I know, I Know BUT now she's addicted and she "picks" on demand. It really brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "a man's best friend!"

EEEEWWWWWWW! GROSSSSS! :shock:

hmmmm.......I've got 2 beagles...maybe I should start training them now. One of them already loves to lick my face, especially around my eyes.

We've got 2 Border Collies. They are supposed to be the smartest dogs. Wonder why they didn't think of that before. Might be time to start training again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back