Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
City
Denver
Good afternoon all and thank you for taking the time to read my post. First- I want to thank those who are living with this horrible disease and assisting others with advice- thank you.

I’ve been to my GP several times for this and he said that it isn’t als, it’s anxiety.

My symptoms are- constant twitching in my legs, calves, arms and face. Persistent twitching. I wasn’t scared until I went on google and read horrible things and then read some of the threads on here where a woman’s only symptom was twitching for a year then she was diagnosed? I’m just terrified. My twitches are in the same spots and persistent. Also, my throat sometimes swells up? I’ve had two neurological exams (strength, balance, reflexes) all normal. No emg

My questions for you guys
-Is twitching a first sign of als?
-Would I be experiencing other symptoms after 6 months?
-I’m sorry but I can’t remember the member that just had twitching for her initial symptom but if you’re reading this- did you have any other symptoms? Weakness?

Thank you all so much.

Twitching is non specific and really meaningless outside the context of ALS. Lots of people twitch. My neurologist twitches more than I do. Get rest, drink lots of water, stop caffeine, eat a variety of fruits and veggies and exercise. Also do things to alleviate stress.

First signs of ALS are usually weakness that is measured by a doctor. Something stops working or doesn't work correctly.

The Internet has a lot of scary things.

Work with your GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back