Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto, Liz! I am SO glad the spam has stopped! I was checking early and late and the spammers were getting on my nerves.

The new system should work fine, when we iron out the bugs. David has set up a new page where all new posters will go for a bit. Al and I will be able to check and approve them. One current issue is that only Al is workign on this task right now. Things will go a lot smoother when the new page accepts my password! THanks for your patioence, everybody. Cindy

Joe

Hi,
I am new - so where would I go to post a question concerning some logistical concerns now that I am in a powerchair?
Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. You can post you questions in either the General Discussion about ALS or People with ALS sections.

Hi David or Al,
In the last couple of days my login is "dropping out"
that is i can access the forum and i will be on, and after reading say 10 threads it logs me out and i have to log back in.
in the "logged off" state all the adverts for "cures etc" appear, this is my indication i have to log back on. Also the new posts tab dissapears.
Any ideas?

thanks for a great site
Peter

I'll check with David. Might be Monday before I get back to you.

AL

Al-

Same thing just happened to me when I went to indigosd's thread "link" & "link to ALS count.
Had to log back in- OK for now!

On the log in page, are you guys clicking the save box to the right of your user name?

AL.

The login should persist between visits provided you check the "remember login" box when you login.

That being said, if your browser is setup to delete cookies, not accept cookies, or remove cookies when you close the browser, then the above will not persist your login and you will need to log back in.

thanks David i will check re the cookies.
It is happening though during the use of the site.
I can view say 10 threads, go up to the new post tab, click on it to access new threads and it "drops" me out of the forum. Has happened 2 or 3 times in the last 6 hours.
cheers
Peter

I've set the cookie domain settings for the forum... this may resolve the issue.

Please continue use and let me know if things clear up in a day or two.

Login ok

Hi David,
My login worked all day today without any issues.
Thanks for that.

Between setting Canadian cookies and Australian cookies must have done the trick

(I might have to swap to a different brand to have with my coffee eg Arnotts biscuits, they are owned by USA so i dont have that issue in the future):p:p

lol, hah, I'm glad things are sorted Peter.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope that wasn't affecting too many people, but do suspect that for whoever it was affecting, it's been doing so for a while.... Least it's fixed now!

Cheers,

David

I'd kind of like to know why links to free software for those that can no longer speak is being deleted without reason, David.

I'd even posted that I'd downloaded and tried the software myself before posting the link. I still think it would have been helpful as it worse with MAC or with Windows--and the free version is pretty cool.

Just very curious. One mod had approved it and the next day David had removed it.

Did not find my post (where to begin) today? Was it deleted? Thought the forum was for sharing info & emotional support. Losing my husband is a big emotional crisis for me. What happened?

Found my post, not sure what happened. I looked twice in several sections. Thanks for your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back