Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Ditto, Liz! I am SO glad the spam has stopped! I was checking early and late and the spammers were getting on my nerves.

The new system should work fine, when we iron out the bugs. David has set up a new page where all new posters will go for a bit. Al and I will be able to check and approve them. One current issue is that only Al is workign on this task right now. Things will go a lot smoother when the new page accepts my password! THanks for your patioence, everybody. Cindy

jpinson

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Joe

Hi,
I am new - so where would I go to post a question concerning some logistical concerns now that I am in a powerchair?
Thanks,
Joe

joelc

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. You can post you questions in either the General Discussion about ALS or People with ALS sections.

peter57

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
AUS
State
S.A.
City
Millicent
Hi David or Al,
In the last couple of days my login is "dropping out"
that is i can access the forum and i will be on, and after reading say 10 threads it logs me out and i have to log back in.
in the "logged off" state all the adverts for "cures etc" appear, this is my indication i have to log back on. Also the new posts tab dissapears.
Any ideas?

thanks for a great site
Peter

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I'll check with David. Might be Monday before I get back to you.

AL

mare

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
Al-

Same thing just happened to me when I went to indigosd's thread "link" & "link to ALS count.
Had to log back in- OK for now!

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
On the log in page, are you guys clicking the save box to the right of your user name?

AL.

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
The login should persist between visits provided you check the "remember login" box when you login.

That being said, if your browser is setup to delete cookies, not accept cookies, or remove cookies when you close the browser, then the above will not persist your login and you will need to log back in.

peter57

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
AUS
State
S.A.
City
Millicent
thanks David i will check re the cookies.
It is happening though during the use of the site.
I can view say 10 threads, go up to the new post tab, click on it to access new threads and it "drops" me out of the forum. Has happened 2 or 3 times in the last 6 hours.
cheers
Peter

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
I've set the cookie domain settings for the forum... this may resolve the issue.

Please continue use and let me know if things clear up in a day or two.

peter57

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
AUS
State
S.A.
City
Millicent
Login ok

Hi David,
My login worked all day today without any issues.
Thanks for that.

Between setting Canadian cookies and Australian cookies must have done the trick

(I might have to swap to a different brand to have with my coffee eg Arnotts biscuits, they are owned by USA so i dont have that issue in the future):p:p

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
lol, hah, I'm glad things are sorted Peter.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope that wasn't affecting too many people, but do suspect that for whoever it was affecting, it's been doing so for a while.... Least it's fixed now!

Cheers,

David

notme

Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
I'd kind of like to know why links to free software for those that can no longer speak is being deleted without reason, David.

I'd even posted that I'd downloaded and tried the software myself before posting the link. I still think it would have been helpful as it worse with MAC or with Windows--and the free version is pretty cool.

Just very curious. One mod had approved it and the next day David had removed it.

jwife

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Lincoln
Did not find my post (where to begin) today? Was it deleted? Thought the forum was for sharing info & emotional support. Losing my husband is a big emotional crisis for me. What happened?

jwife

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Lincoln
Found my post, not sure what happened. I looked twice in several sections. Thanks for your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.