Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Llewellyn
Greetings to all who give me some of you cherished time!

I'm a 35 year old male with persisting symptoms for 5 months. I have a neuro appointment in two weeks.

November- What I believed to be Tennis elbow and and strange widespread muscle pain, that came and went quickly. On the Thanksgiving holiday I had a tight feeling in my hips driving to NY mothers house. When I stood up from being seated at the dinner table it felt as if my hips were popping out. The hip issues have not been happening since. Was tested for Lyme twice negative result.

Forwarded to rheumatology due to lupus test coming back equivocal, ran again with negative result.

Lower extremities start with persistent twitching in feet and some calf/ankle twitching. Bottom on feet feel a tightness/twisting feeling. Inner elbow discomfort persistent with a fun new symptom a "shin splint feeling tightness" began out after hunting.

February-Twitching persistent in lower extremities along with more widespread twitching in arms, shoulders and tounge. Shin/elbow tightness persistent tried compression bands on both. After wearing for week,soon as I would take them off would it would reappear.

March-All previously mentioned symptoms persistent along with a new symptom feeling of discomfort under chin gland muscle with pressure in my ears that comes and goes. Minor "Charley horses" in calfs but when they did come they stayed for a day or so. Also tightness in both pectoral areas comes and goes.

April- Went down the Google ALS wormhole and had a legitimate reason to hop up on my washer and just bump my knee reflex area. In my incompetent opinion my reflexes are brisk. Not going to lie I'm a bit nerved no pun intended.

I Never go to the Dr for anything but I am truly concerned as I am a single father of a 10 year old daughter.

Thanks to all who gave this a read and their honest opinion.

Hi there-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

You probably searched for twitching online and ALS popped up. However, twitching, as you will read in the link provided, is associated with many things. ALS is a very specific set of symptoms, which you do not report. Self testing of reflexes is usually a sign of health anxiety, and can not be accurately measured on your own. In fact you have other symptoms not at all associated with ALS and point in a different direction. What they all add up to is between you and a doctor to figure out though, as this forum is strictly for those affected by a diagnosis of ALS.

Take care

They were about to throw me out of thr geisinger network for not coming to the Dr at all. I'm the last guy with a health anxiety. But thanks for your time.

Peace and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back