Please pray for those of us on Gulf Coast Hurricane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al

You are in my prayers and I know the Father watches over His sheep and brother I know you are one.

praying unceasingly

Hi Al

Thought of you today! We have been praying that God intervene in a mighty way on this one! Asking God's favor.

Keep us posted!

Patty & George

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe! !

It looks like the edge of Gustav is brushing the shores of Louisiana.... has anyone heard from those that live in this region?

It's looking like some of those prayers may have helped. Cat 2 is not good but only half of Katrina. They might all just be fine with any luck.
AL.

Thanks for the prayers

According to the news this was suppose to be a hurricane that grew in strength. Thank you for your prayers. God intervened and the storm went down in strength. Just goes to show you who is really in charge and will help when called upon.
Thank God we are safe and the family faired well. We had about 14 feet of storm surge on the coast here and it destroyed a lot of the shrimp boats and the boat harbors that had just been rebuilt. We had lots of flooding in Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, and Waveland, but none in my area.
We dodged another bullet. Thank God.
The power was out for awhile and we had to go to the generator to run things for awhile, but power, Internet, and cable are back up. There are still many areas like Waveland where they still do not have power. Those poor folks have really been battered again and again. We still have other storms out there that we have to dodge this year. My wife and I are seriously considering selling our house if we can get anything for it and moving to Tenn. where my oldest son lives. We are praying for direction and guidance. God has been faithful and so good to us. I am so thankful for the Forum and our many friends. Truly, you have been a blessing.

So glad you made it through. I was thinking of you yesterday, and praying there would not be damage or threats to your safety.

BethU

My wife was trying to talk me into evacuating and I had a peace that we were to stay here. There were so many obstacles to overcome, yet at every turn a door would open and the need would be met.

Just one example: We needed to get the plywood up over our windows and of course my wife and I could not do this. An older couple who had recently moved in next door came over and offered to put them up for us and even cut down a tree in the back yard that was leaning on the shed.

All needs were met. Thank God. And thank you for your support and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back