Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
yorkshire
City
Hull
hi my name is Luke im 28 im so woried about myself latley, i have totally changed, im comvinced i have als, the internet is just making it worse, i dont know what to belive or not, stared about 3 months ago, with me not feeling myself, i was going to the gym everyday been there the past 4 years in good shape, , working a stressful job 60 hours per week living a stressfull life, i started getting a weird feeling in my head, so i went to the doctors none stop convinced i had a brain tumor so i stopped the gym while i found out was wrong, had all my bloods done went to opticans, had a ct scan, which they found a coisidental lytic lesion in the greater wing of the shenoid, which they thought was an eperdermoid within the bone, i had an mri monday and get the results this evening, which im petrified about,

so in the past 3 months i have been having twitches, in my calfs thighs back of knees, triceps in my left hand, to say im stressed out would be the under statement of the year, i have never felt so ill woring about myself, like a little flicker, i have had no sign of weakness although im checking all the time my strength, waking up in the nite and checking my grip, legs ect, i have noticed the muscle in myy right leg is bigger than the left, i have not noticed it before, i started back at the gym for 2 weeks now, obviously not as strong but had 3 months off, but nearly as strong, lost about 6 pounds, and not eating as much cos my head not with it, im also noticing on the nite time my breathing seems weird like im being slightly strangled, its not shortness or anything its weird to describe,, for about an hour, i know als mnd can effect the breathing but at what stage, i have read rare cases where it can start with the breathing, if so would it be on and off,? or constant, please can someone help with some advice i know 2 ppl who have had mnd, my good friends, i just want to feel me agian. im so scared looking out for new things eveyday, looking at my left hand all the time thinking is it slower, i am stressed, but i cant convince myself its just the stress thats causing everything, please any advice im cracking up,
regards Luke,

Hi Luke, What you're describing does not sound like ALS. Please click on the following link (it is to a thread that is a few pages back on this forum)

Take care, :)

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6931

also im doing like a sudden gasp randomly, like just before you sneeze or when your sobbing, and you tale a random breath in, could this be related im so worried, please help,

hi luke

please dont panic,the stress is probably making you feel worse and increasing your symptoms.
how were your mri results?
by the way you are about 25-30miles away from me.

?

not far then lol, saw the nuro yesterday, he said i was fine and the lytic lesion was a cyst in the bone i was probably born with, he told me 100 percent i dont have als mnd still not convinced, i didnt have any test, but he assured me i dont, and said the breathing is not related, can it start with breathing,? would it be constant, or on and off im not sleeping at all, the breathing is not constant the twitching is on and off some days more than others still no weakness anywhere, i can do everything the same, would i have been diagnosed with it before it effects my breathing any help please with some advice,
Luke

Luke, go back and read what I posted to you before.

NO, Motor Neuron Disease does not start with breathing. And if by some fluke with you it started with your respiratory muscles, you'd have weakness breathing ALL of the time, and your oxygen saturation levels in your blood would be low, and you'd be short of breath to the point it was obvious for anyone, doctors, family, people you pass on the street would notice. Read the link I provided again.

The number one hallmark of MND is weakness. Get yourself away from this site, and researching illnesses, and thoughts of MND and focus on living and enjoying life, giving back to others, making memories for when you are old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back