Diagnosis
09/1996
Country
US
State
IN
City
IN
In this morning's (November 19) WSJ, there is a wonderful full-page ad on page A4. That's not a cheap section to run a full page ad! There is no hint of the name of the advertiser. Here is the complete text from the ad which features a graphic of a wishbone topped with a star -----

LET'S REDEFINE CHRISTMAS.
BY PUTTING MORE THANKSGIVING IN IT.

No sooner does Thanksgiving end, than the loathsome shopping begins -- a month-long compulsion to buy something, anything, for everyone. We're pressed. We're stressed. And our money is wasted. But we can change all that by focusing on the giving. And redefining Christmas.

Give people donations to their favorite charities.

And request that they give donations to your favorite charities.

A lot more money would go to people who need it. Shopping would be easier and tax deductible. And our giving would be more in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO FACILITATE CHARITABLE GIVING.
PLEASE PASS IT ON.

-----

If there's one thing that ALS teaches us all, it's that there are more important things in life than "stuff." There are many charities that help PALS and CALS. None is perfect (kind of like kids), but they're out there trying. Please consider supporting them this holiday season. Don't forget, you're not limited to donating to just one of them.

Please pass it on. Thanks to all this U.S. Thanksgiving week.

I saw that ad. I cut it out and posted it on my refridgerator door. Great sentiment! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back