Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hello Everyone,
First of all thank you for taking your precious time to read my post and answer my questions. My name Is Kim, I'm a 29 year old mother of two children. Its been about two years that I have been dealing with a lot of pain on my legs, mostly at night. I didn't think to have that checked out since I blamed the pregnancy and some other things. However about 6 months ago I also started noticing that my bones would crack a lot, my husband even makes fun of me sometimes saying that I need to exercise more. Around that time I also started feeling like I had something stuck on my throat and that i had to cough every time I would drink something cold. I did have that checked out by an Ent that didn't think it was anything in particular. This past week i noticed that my tongue feels heavy on the back, the tip of it feels numb. I also started experiencing a few twitches in the arm and legs, as well as as my left arm and left feeling week. I can still do things with them however they feel heavy, like i had weight placed on them. I also noticed like a little electroshock that goes towards my pinky and sometimes the index of the middle finger get lock in place for a few seconds. On top of that I also feel like my skin its itchy and sometimes a burning sensation which comes and goes on my legs and sometimes hand.
I did have an mri done a few months ago for an eye condition called papaladema and that came back clear, I also had an eeg done that came back with something on the report that the doctor said it was a non specific abnormality but nothing to be concerned.
I emailed my neuro explaining that I feel that my legs feel week and that Im having some twitches here and there but she only recommended more hydration.
I'm sorry for this long post, but I made the mistake of googling some of my symptoms and Als keep showing up. Im really scared at this point and i thought maybe Im just anxious but at the same time if i do have something i would prefer to know so i can get any help i need. Does this sound like als? Im sorry once again for this long post and my bad grammar since English isnt my primary language.
Thank you once again for reading my posts

Example.. Right now my legs are hurting really bad, and my left index finger has a weird burning sensation

The great news is that nothing you report even remotely suggests considering ALS.
I can recommend that you go and talk to your PCP and let them know all your concerns and ask what the next investigations should be and let your doctors guide this process, not your searching of the internet.
I am sure that whatever is going on, will be found as well as an effective treatment that will solve things, even if it takes a little time. All the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back