00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Glendale
Hello all,
I have posted here once and decided not to bother anyone since many of you reassured me that I do not have this disease. However I am really scared to death because my symptoms have progressed and I don’t know how I’m functioning at this point. Every night before I sleep I pray that nothing happens to me so my family does not suffer after me. Please give me an advice I know how much knowledge you Guys have with this disease. I will try to keep this short.
Current symptoms: my swallowing has been affected tremendously where I can hardly swallow liquids. Food I swallow with a lot of effort.
I always have excess saliva in my mouth.
My face itches constantly so does my scalp.
My feet feel really heavy, cramping and twitching.
I’m always out of breath
I get pain in me throat and vocal cord spasms
Pain in my jaw
Cramps on my arms and dull burning pain in my body
I also have random bruises on my body specially legs that come and go
I get tingly sensation but rarely
I have weird headaches dull pains that come and go
I get chest pain and under breast pain
Difficulty speaking I have to try really hard to speak clearly. People ask me if I’m sick because I sound kind of different and I cough and have mucus.
This symptoms that I just listed are constant. I can’t take it anymore I’m so depressed and sad I don’t know why this is happening with me. I have no history of health anxiety.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I have posted here once and decided not to bother anyone since many of you reassured me that I do not have this disease. However I am really scared to death because my symptoms have progressed and I don’t know how I’m functioning at this point. Every night before I sleep I pray that nothing happens to me so my family does not suffer after me. Please give me an advice I know how much knowledge you Guys have with this disease. I will try to keep this short.
Current symptoms: my swallowing has been affected tremendously where I can hardly swallow liquids. Food I swallow with a lot of effort.
I always have excess saliva in my mouth.
My face itches constantly so does my scalp.
My feet feel really heavy, cramping and twitching.
I’m always out of breath
I get tingly sensation but rarely
I have weird headaches dull pains that come and go
I get chest pain and under breast pain
Difficulty speaking I have to try really hard to speak clearly. People ask me if I’m sick because I sound kind of different and I cough and have mucus.
This symptoms that I just listed are constant. I can’t take it anymore I’m so depressed and sad I don’t know why this is happening with me. I have no history of health anxiety.
I forgot to mention I’m really sensitive to light. And I get really dizzy and sometimes have to hold the stairs or the walls while walking. Also when I walk somehow I loose my balance and totally wonder off to other side.

Past thread here: A year of scary symptoms

Hi Jackie- Are you still under the care of a doctor? Based on the symptoms your are listing (still not ALS) it appears you need to keep working with the doctors to track down the cause.

Please also read this link as many times as it takes to reassure yourself this forum, which is specifically for those diagnosed with ALS or their caregivers is not for you: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

Best wishes in your search, but ALS does not cause things like itchy scalp and light sensitivity.

wow in your last thread you wrote:
"Problems, trouble with my speech but guess what? I’m healthy and I need to accept it. "
And now you are back with a bunch of non-ALS symptoms.
I'm so sorry you are scared - you need to get to your doctor and get help dealing with this - you don't mention what your doctor is doing in working with you on this?
We can't help you, truly you don't manifest symptoms of ALS. I hope you can get help soon, you can treat whatever is going on if you work with a doctor that is examining you and ordering and examining test results.

Yes with that attitude I went on with my life trying to ignore my symptoms for months. I did not feel better but kept telling myself I’m ok and this will go away and it never did. I am not currently seeing a doctor. I don’t know how they can help me since I’ve done a lot of tests and it all comes back negative.

You don't know how they [doctors] can help you.

I agree. You don't know. Find another general practice or internal medicine MD and let them lead the investigation. It might take years!

But, just to be clear, we have helped you. We've narrowed down the list of things you might have. Scratch ALS off your list. Good luck.

Thank u all so much. Atsugi, what are some possible diseases I may have? Sorry I don’t remember getting information about that!

Jacquie,
To find out that information, you need to go to your doctors. What Atsugi meant was that ALS has been taken off the list, therefore, any further questions need to be addressed by your doctor. Not by the members of this forum; that's not what they are here for

Good luck to you.

Jackie, as Bestriends and Mike have pointed out, this is not a general medical advice forum. Its focus is on those with ALS and their caregivers.

I am leaving this thread open ONLY to provide you the opportunity to post what you discover after you have seen a doctor. Please take all your questions to a doctor and continue the discussion with them. Further questions before a doctor's visit will result in this thread being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back