Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
London
City
london
Hi. Sorry if I'm wasting anyone's time but I'm very anxious and would like some reassurance please. I am mother to a 1 month old and a 3 year old, and the possibility of a fatal disease like ALS is getting me very worried for them.

I have weakness in my right hand, but the severity changes. Sometimes it's so weak that I can't use a spoon to eat or use a pen to write. Other times its fine. It started several months ago with just my right thumb being affected. The GP couldn't make a diagnosis and since the problem went away by itself, I ignored it. But now the weakness has returned. (No pain, tingling or tremors)

It couldn't be early symptoms of ALS could it? I'm a 30 year old female (I know a rare age for ALS but still possible?)
Thankyou!

Hello Samoa, my guess would be no, it doesn't sound like ALS at all. With ALS symptoms don't come and go. I think you and your doctor have to keep looking but I feel ALS is not involved.
Al

Thankyou so much for taking out the time to reply. I just needed to hear those words from someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back