Reason
Other
Country
US
State
New York
City
Brooklyn
hi, and before i start i would like to say im 14 years old... NOW I KNOW IM EXTREMLEY YOUNG and my anxiety side is probably getting the best of me but im really scared.... i did read the before you post read this thread but still im scared. its been happening ever since august (todays date is 11/5/15) when i took a one month vacation to florida. i had a diet change and my enviormental change (i went from new york to florida) and i was expirencing really weird health problems such as really bad diharear and digestive problems... my anxiety got the best of me and i looked up my symptoms on google knowing it wasnt smart because i knew id think id have some really bad disease. thats when my anxiety really kicked in and for the whole month i was in florida away from home i just couldnt stop thinking about some disease. then one day i was down there my arms just felt really weird and i looked up "als" because i know its a deadly disease and i know with my luck and my anxiety id have it. and i know anxiety can do a lot to your body and a lot symptoms that occur in als can come with anxiety. but when i got home i was expirencing muscle twitches on my arms and legs and sometimes both my hand shook when i was just having my fingers in some position. ive also had random times where my hand would be on my lap and itd jerk a little. ive never dropped anything before out of nowhere but since im still in school i obviously carry books around and ive went from grade 8 to 9 which means more books in my bag. now in 8th garde i never expirenced a hard time lifting my books... i cant tell weather or not im having trouble now or if its that i have more books. i do have pain in my arms, legs and but its not my muscle its more of the arm itself. its a dull pain thats not every second of everyday. now i am a guy whos on the computer a lot which leads to using my muscles a lot. i dont work out so my muscles arent the biggest i do go to sleep very late, times such as 1am. i wake up around 7-8. i do drink coffee when i go out with my friends after school. thats occasional. my diet isnt the best either i do drink soda a good often. and the reason why im saying this is because i know these stuff can also cause my symptoms. now i dont expect obviously to be diagnosed over the internet. my parents think im crazy when i say i think i have als. my mom says u dont get it till im way older such as my 50's and think its a lack of potassium. now my mom is probably right i am crazy and it a diet thing but i feel like im two people in one. one of me (my anxiety) is saying i have als ur showing so many symptoms and the other half is saying how the odds of me having it is very very very very small. and its probably my anxiety. but it all comes down me saying who says im not that one unlucky soul who has it.. if anyone has any advice... i beg of you to please tell me if i crazy or if i should see someone.

also im sorry for my poor spelling but i really dont wanna go back and fix it

Hi, itsdio. You don't have ALS. You didn't show any symptom of ALS. Your mom is right. You might want to ask your mom if you can get your anxiety treated, though.

Damn, dude. You need to get an appointment with your primary care (PCP) doctor and get a handle on your anxiety.

You didn't list a single ALS symptom so it's Google magic how you arrived at an ALS diagnosis. Twitching is so common that it's not diagnostic of anything. Feeling weird: nope. Diarrhea: nope. Dull pain: nope.

Stop searching the Internet for odd diseases; go see your PCP ASAP.

honestly dude thank you so much dude and to the other guy too reading the thread "before you post" and the "very helpful member" title above your head makes me feel so comfortable dude. i honestly wish the best for you man. i really havent realized how much life is worth until something like this came along. i honestly hope the best man. just be safe man out there and again thank you so much

honestly dude thank you seeing the "before you post" thread and the helpful memeber above your head makes me feel really comfortable having someone in your spot telling me something like this.. i just needed someone like u to tell me this... thank you man and even though its just a reply i wish the best for you man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back