Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Dayton
Hi all, thank you so much in advance to any help. I have been reading other posts and wanted some information on my symptoms. I am a 28 year old male with no other medical problems. About a month and a half ago my right calf became sore and cramped. Since it has been sore but not prevented me from my daily activities. About a week later my left calf also become sore and now they are both sore and feel like they could cramp. There has been pain in both legs that seems to move around but in the calves most often. I was concerned about als as a cause and then this past week noticed twitches in my calf’s. It is happening in both calf muscles mostly when I’m laying down. I have also noticed them randomly in other parts of my legs and feet. I haven’t noticed any weakness but not sure. I can still walk fine and have tested walking on feels/toes with no issues. Does this sound like als? Any information is greatly appreciated!

No, it doesn't. ALS doesn't present bilaterally as you describe, and not with pain. There is a bilateral flail leg variant but you are not describing it.

I would keep up with your stretches (morning and night) and safely distanced walking, double-check your position and support wherever you sleep or sit, and consult your primary care doc if it does not improve.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for your reply. I have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow. Do you think I should bring up my concern or just discuss symptoms and see what he thinks? You mention not being bilateral. Does this mean not having the twitches in both legs at the same time of onset? Thank you!

Just discuss what's concerning you. It's his job to recommend any next steps. Re being bilateral, ALS presents unilaterally except for a few variants that you didn't describe. You described bilateral symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back