Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Boston
Hi my names randy, im a 19 year old male with no family history of als ..ive been extremely worried as of lately because i feel i might have als/mnd...it started about four years ago i had terrible anxiety and started feeling tingling and numbness in my left arm and went to my PCP and was prescribed anxiety meds.. aftet that i would get twitches in my left eye and surely enough i began to google symptoms (which most of mine mimicked ms ) shortly after my mom passed away and i had and still deal with terrible depression and ptsd.. fast forward about a year and i started get5ing a buzzing feeling in my left calf and got cramps, expernienced heat intolerance , vertigo, i remember gettin hit in a game in gym one day and began to experience slight double vision, had urinary incontinence and always urge to habe to pee for as long as i can remeber...i began to feel a lump sensation in my throat and it would come and go and i would always have difficulty swallowing, not food but saliva and would always swallow constantly, i think itd be important to put in that ive been smoking weed, mostly blunts for about 4 years steady... and smoked cigs for about a year and a half and been using a vape siince then... ..Ive had muscle twitches on arms and legs and in my face that come and go,jerking/ involuntary leg and arm movement.. also eye pain if i move my head to quickly occasionally .. i have weird head sensations and ice pick like headaches here anf there. But as of recently... ive had more chest tightness a quick 2 second sensation that happens occasionnaly that feels like i lose my breath real quick and a tickle in my throat that makes me feel the need dry cough that doesnt produce much mucus but but sounds gnarly.. and ive been looking stuff up and although i am fatigued almost constantly i feel like i have heavy legs and feel weak but can still do normal things as i have. Just recently my anxiety has been blowing my fear out of proportion. I cant help to think i have ms or als... also for about three years ive always felt off or out of it but i never knew if it was anxiety/depression, or more... i know this is all over the place..but i am really looking for all your guys opinions and i am seeing my dr. Tomorrow.. thank you

Id also like to add my muscles feel more naturally stiff and i have a constant stuffy/ dry nose.. sorry for any inconvenience and thanks again

Thank you for the response. I dont have clinical weakness and other than the lump in my throat i feel i have overactive reflexes but im aware that cant be judged myself... do you think this is als? Im sorry to ask again

Also seem to screw up words or lose train of thought.. cognitive stuff but sometimes slur some words but catch it and stay on top of it for the most part

Rando-- the folks here can't help you. You need to visit with an actual doctor. Listing additional symptoms here will do you no good- you need to be telling them to an actual medical professional in person so they can check it all out. Remaining on this site increases your anxiety. While the people here can sympathize to some extent, they can not help you.

Feel free to come back and report what your doctor says- this can help future anxious posters- but this is not the appropriate forum for you. That's a good thing.

You've kindly had your questions answered. It's time to move on and consult with your doctor to address your health anxiety. This is not a forum for health anxiety so your questions would not be addressed adequately.

Please move on. There's no need for any further questions to be asked.

Take good care

I think you should go back to your GP. Some of your meds might be causing side effects and certainly the stress is contributing.

Nothing sounds like ALS so please go back to your GP and get the help you need.

Copy and print your first post.

Then tomorrow, as you wrote, hand it to your doctor so you don't forget a single symptom as you have been able to remember here.

It will also save your doctor his/her precious time.

No need to reply. ALS is not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back