Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
MS
City
Liverpool
Hello all right here goes any insight would be amazing I’m struggling with severe uncertainty as to wat is going on with me

keep it short and sweet hopefully
12 months in symptoms.
1 fatigue like some good days then days can't even get out of bed
2 can't hold head up fully on days face neck head mouth feel heavy fatigued and tired
3 had random twitches and muscle jerks all over different parts for last 12 months
4 lower spine cramps hurts whenever I try to run
5 the feeling of unbalance when tired of the littlest things
6 brain fog biggest worry is does als show from head neck and jaw fatigue
Also can't get full breath fell like not getting enough oxygen around my body even tho sats are 100 blood oxygen
Also this has been going on for 12 months now not any weakness apart from head neck feels so heavy it’s not my head gym wise when I lift some decent weights not heavy just decent I have like 4 bad days my body feels like it shakes very bad also my voice has become not as loud when shout strange
I’ve had every blood test that’s possible all fine
Docs have said anxiety for last 12 months but have only had over telephone talks nothing physically I’m scared I’m positive person but this is really getting me down I don't know where to turn at moment
Sorry I tried to keep it brief

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what's wrong, but it's not ALS. There are some muscle problems that can start in adulthood, usually fairly mild or treatable. There are also systemic conditions that do not show on blood tests.

Do the doctors have you perform strength and stretching tests when you have your videos? I do agree that of course an in-person exam would be best, but you must do what's safe.

I would pay particular attention to your sleep (you can video yourself to see if there are problems with teeth-grinding, breathing, and movements) and diet, and of course make sure you stretch out before and after lifting or other exercise. It might be best to shelve running for now in favor of brisk walking. If there is any provision in your area for in-person physio or massage, even in your home, that might help. YouTube is also a resource for tai chi, classical stretch and other techniques that elongate the muscles.

I do hope you find more clarity soon, but can only offer the good news that you're in the wrong place here.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back