00/0000
Country
AU
State
VI
City
Melbourne
Hello,

I am so sorry I have come on here. I am So sorry anyone is going through what they are.

I am a 38 year old female who is from Australia

my symptoms have been twitching widespread for months. I have had an emg and nerve conduction both normal

the thing is my right leg continues to feel strange and weak and the physio I have started to see for it has noticed wasting in the thigh and the bottom area here near the tibia as pictured

I’m really worried about this and I feel like the neurologist just laughs at this. I’m frightened and just want to get some feedback if this is actual wasting/atrophy to see if I should get a new doctor

thank you all once again

Attachments

• E64E1547-0591-4892-9D3A-B7F0CA6E095F.jpeg
    E64E1547-0591-4892-9D3A-B7F0CA6E095F.jpeg
    753.6 KB · Views: 127
I don't see any features of alarm, but the real test of whether it is anything to fear is more whether there is normal sensation in re the nerves and movement in those muscles. Your GP can help you track both. Also, if the physio does not help, it might be time for a new look for a blood clot or something like that -- but there is no reason to suspect ALS that you have presented.

Best,
Laurie

Hello Laurie
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really value your feedback and I’m sending you my best thoughts and prayers. 🙏💖

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back