Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa Bay Area
I know that I am new, but I have come for help. I am facing death at very progressive rate and for some reason I feel like I am being punished.. I was reading Al's story about his fingers curling and I am not allowed to see the pictures, I have no idea how to reach a Moderator, it seems now that whatever I click on tells me I don't have permission.. Did I say or do something wrong? I donated as much money as I could afford, I tried updating my profile more, I just don't know what I need to do obtain permission to the rest of the site... I'm sorry if sound like am whining it is just been a very difficult day and I came here for comfort and just found fustration... I feel like I don't fit in or have done something wrong. Please, help me. I don't know anywhere else to turn for honest answers.. Please email me and tell me if there is some criteria I need to meet or something else I need to do. I just want to be a part for as long as I am able and please forgive me if this sounds like an outburst - I jsut very sad and distraught and I really don't know what I am doing - I have never been to a chat room or blog or thread - I don't even know what the difference is between them... I am rambling again and starting to cry... please help me.. my name is Don and my email is [email protected]

thanks for listening

Sorry Don for the problems. I've sent you an email.
AL.

Hi Don- I found things confusing around here when I first joined because, like you, I had never joined a message board and learning how the board works, while learning everyone's names and stories, and learning all the new termonology that goes with ALS, well, I was lost a lot of the time.

It gets easier, though. Someone pointed out the search feature at the top of this screen, and that helped. Somebody also told me to always go first to the "New Posts" tab. That's the one right beside the search tab.

And if you ever want to reach any of us, just click on our names. You will see a little drop-down list right under everybody's screen name. This list will give you options like, "find more posts by Don" or "Send a private message to Don." If you don't have that ability yet, don't worry. It will be granted soon. Meanwhile, it may help to read some of the posts by long-time PALS. I found it really calmed me down and made me hopeful. Regards, Cindy

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Al and Cindy,

Thank you so much for answering me. Please forgive me for such a horrible outburst, I was just having such a bad day and my back was racked with so much pain and I was feeling so helpless and so frustrated.. Those are not normal feelings for me - being the "top dog" I'm supposed to have all the answers for everything thrown at me - it's my job! I've never even had a bad cold or the Flu before all this - and I'm sure you understand what I mean by 'all this'... Today I have a better outlook and stumbled across Kylie's(KCAL) post and will truly take her advise of just trying to obtain one "win" a week, and who knows - eventually find one "win" a day! Thank you again..

It's OK, Don. You've been given a lot to deal with and it will take time to get back on your feet, emotionally. Feel free to vent anytime. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back