Country
IN
State
TN
City
chennai
Previous thread

Hi All,
I am 29 year old Men from India. For the past 2 years, I was having mild weakness in my left leg and left shoulder (some time shoulder tremors on left).That time I have went to neuro they have taken Full Spine MRI, Brain MRI and Blood Test and said I have nothing (except b12 deficiency ). And They also took EMG on four limbs and said everything is normal. Since its manageable, I also let it and I was going back to my day to day life. But Now again after 1 year again my syndrome started to elevate
My left leg is feeling week (also pains if I walk long) and
My left shoulder I have dull pain. and
My left side of the Face twitch even if I smile (some time pains) and
My left eye I get intermediate blur vision (which comes and goes)

My neck I feel like I can hold my head evening time ( and pains a lot my backside of neck)
My left side of the neck (backside of my ear) nerves I get pain if I talk more
My throat started to pulsulate (I don't know exact work I can see my full throat shakes)
I have taken some more time to swallow foods
I have difficulties to pronounce a few words (mostly T and R)

what makes me more worry is my tongue I feel week and even if I talk 5 minutes it get tired. I need to take rest before again I talk.

(also I noticed my left side of the leg, hand and shoulder slightly smaller than right but maybe I have not noticed before maybe my body is always asymmetrical)

Whatever I am facing is starting of Bulbar ALS?
I have taken EMG 1 year before again I need to take now?
Since my syndrome is mild so EMG cannot detect this time?
Can EMG on limb also detect bulbar issues?

Sorry for bothering you I have a really hard time to find neuro who clears my doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you are so worried. Definitely is NOT ALS. You just won't feel any of those things. The EMG would have found it, definitely.

Read this through twice to remove your fears - you don't need to keep asking here.

I am truly sorry that you were afraid what you are experiencing was ALS. This truly is a horrible disease, and I will never understand why people think about ALS, as an option for their symptoms. I thought carpal tunnel, because it started in my left hand. Obviously, there's something, keep working with your doctor. God bless you and no more worries about ALS.

Whenever I read about the kinds of problems you describe with a clean EMG and one side only, I think about your positioning in bed, at work, and at leisure. It never hurts to evaluate your mattress, chairs, and posture. A physio might be able to help your neck/shoulder, which is frequently where radiating pain comes from. But the good news is, as Dee Dee says, you need not worry about ALS.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back