Please help, i need guidance on what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you are good to go. You mention taking a lot of supplements. That is not something to do "just in case" and can actually throw off your nutritional balance (not to mention your bank's). I hope you have checked interactions with your anticoagulant and any other meds as well.

A good whole food diet and lots of non-alcoholic liquid are often the best way to go, along with a drop or two of magnesium lotion on any hot spots. You might also consider therapeutic massage when it's safe from a pandemic perspective.

Best,
Laurie

Got it. So chronic could be either radiculopathy or MND. I'm still in the process of figuring out my tricep and shoulder blade pain, at what point should I redo the emg? Should I wait a few months?

Can I expect a normal emg once I treat whatever radiculopathy might be causing this reading?

I also read that chronic denervation in 1 spot means "possible" Als on diagnosis criteria.

This is all just new to me and really scary and my doctor wont get back to me. Maybe I need a second opinion.

No -chronic alone is not mnd.

and acute and chronic denervation in one nerve area is not mnd either. It is possible als if it is acute AND chronic in a widespread area ( multiple nerve roots involved) in one body location ( such as legs).

you don’t understand what you are googling and you don’t listen / believe your doctor or us

Follow your doctor's advice on how to treat whatever it is you have going on. Please stop trying so desperately hard to get an ALS diagnosis. It ain't going to happen because you don't have it, no matter how hard you look for it.

There's absolutely nothing about what you have going on that is ALS. So, please, drop it and stop trying to get terminally ill members to soothe your anxiety. Those with the disease, and their caregivers, have enough going on with the day to day of ALS, plus worrying about the pandemic on top of everything else. Again, best of luck going forward. You don't need to be here and that is fantastic news.

Stay safe.

You don't need another EMG. Old nerve damage is not like an infection that you need to stamp out with antibiotics, or a deficiency that you need to fix. Many people have abnormal EMGs. Yours is like having freckles. No one has a disease diagnosed just from an EMG.

You don't need to "figure out" pain that isn't associated with a progressive condition. You just need to figure out what stretches, etc. work best for you.

Whatever you think you read about ALS, it has nothing to do with you.

Thank you so much everyone. I genuinely hope I didnt cross any boundaries and overstay my welcome. I do have anxiety issues and it is a very dark and stressful life to live, however I cannot compare it to the things experienced by those of these forums.

I will continue to look for help in those areas, as it comes with it's own struggles.

I wish the best for all of you and I'm truly sorry if I wasnt the most eloquent with my worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back