Reason
Other
Country
Us
State
Nc
City
Greensboro
First off i have no writing skills and low budget fingers dont work like they should. History great grandma had als didn't realy rember that grandmother passed of als 6 years or so ago ive seen 9 drs. In the last 10 months and all my problems started about 2 years ago severe cramping in right leg then neuropathy in bottom of right foot all this below my knee along with foot always twitchy whle at rest then it moved to left arm was a heavy evening drinker after work so i quit drinkg just maby because that was 4 months back then my left leg started along with my voice changed my taste changed and words became slurded was a fast talker now i slow down or i slur and drool then it moved to my sholders cramping so bad when i go to er they give me shot for seizures and it would goaway long enough to make it home then back and worse then befor er had a realy sweat small business doing really well was towing cars and working on cars towed at local race track worked on race cars built many of em own my own house an got so week couldnt stand up long enough to cook an egg felt like 300 pound weight on my legs so 39 years old moved back with mom weeker and weeker muscle spasms right /& leftleg below knee left arm and sholders slured speech voice change half my right side of face went numb and started having trouble holding head up so much so its a problem breathing. Never done this befor but i am so week never been this week befor so i orderd steroid strength stack off internet upper body inproved strength alot thats it every thing else the same ooooo yea befor i did the roids i started falling down a lot too im using a cane now and symptoms never inproved except the roids in strength Gains in upper body still cramped and twitchie in every thing but right arm seen neurologist he did mri and said to messed up to tell and said wanted to do spinal tap and i aint been back 3 differnt primary care providers 3 er rooms a heart dr and a psychologist every test comes back a ok mri good did Needles in the muscle Scull cap With electrodes all good in so much pain from all the muscle cramping Im ready to try any thing tried pot it didnt help tried dr,s didnt help tried roids didnt help i guess im just needing some one to tell me if i got the stuff so i know if i need to sell my company and houses an so on an plan on staying with moms from here on out or should i hold back and keep searching for what ever it is i got ???????? Thank you all for your time much respect to the als family and the familys of als an thats my story thanks for reading and sorry for the single paragraph No writing skills at all

O yea my toes on right foot started to permanently curl under

I just can't read the whole thing. But your great grandmother and grandmother ( her daughter ) had ALS? That is FALS. But your parent would have to have inherited the gene defect (50-50 odds) and then passed it to you (50-50 again) making your overall risk 1 in 4 of even carrying the gene.

You are ( I believe) an hour from Duke. Get an appointment with Dr Richard Bedlack and he will tell you yes or no to ALS

Do exactly as Nikki said. Dr. Bedlack will get to the bottom of whatever problem you have, ALS or not.

Please if you come back write with paragraphs, I could not read the post either. I tried twice.

No matter what you said at the start if you can press the letter a you can press the enter key.

Dam, dude, paragraphs please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back