Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nc
City
Stedman
I have been twitching a week and a half now it started in my right calf and continued there for a few days. It then went for a little while in my calf and foot. It has now stopped in my calf and is on my quad on my right side. It is a hard continuous twitch although is occasionally subsides for a few hours. I can still stand on one foot stand on my toes and my heels, etc. However I can no longer flex my right calf as hard as the left. It will flex for maybe 4-5 seconds then begin to go soft. Also whenever i do calf raises I can only do 60 on my right side while I can do 80 on the left. I feel the muscle all up my right leg being worked as well when I do the calf raise while I don't feel this on the left side. I am a 20 year old male and I have been worried I have als the past two weeks. I know all of you deal with people like myself dreaming out all the time but please help me.

> I know all of you deal with people like myself dreaming out all the time but please help me.

If you know this then you should know that the first response (and second...) will be "read the stickies".

So: read the stickies and only come back if that doesn't answer your questions. We're not doctors, and often have limited patience.

I have read all of the stickies and I be been searching these forums the past two weeks. Ive been to the doctor twice and they've ran blood tests which both came back normal. But ok I apologize that I have wasted anyone's time I was just looking for some answers or reassurance. I'm sorry.

I can't help it I have to comment ONLY 60 calf raises?! I had no idea my calf muscle was affected ( my ALS started in my ankle) recently I discovered can't do one calf raise on my affected side. And I don't feel anything wrong at all I keep thinking it should work but the signal just does not go through. And yes read the stickies

Like I said I apologize for offending anyone I was just desperate for answers. Moderators feel free to lock the thread. I'm sorry.

We cross posted so I did not see your second post until after I posted. But it so does not sound like ALS. I hope you can move past this quickly. Don't let fear take over. Closing as requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back