Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
Hi! I am 30 yo female. 3 little children. I am so worried I can’t function. Recently the past couple weeks I have had some knee “hitches”. Almost like the knees give out slightly but no one can really tell but me. Doesn’t cause me to fall, stubble, ect.... also having tingling throughout body and a couple twitches in quad muscle. Does This is sound like ALS? Also do you all believe that anxiety can manifest itself physically? So if I’m hyper concerned about my knees giving they will do it more?
thank you all so much

Hi there- have a read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms and it should reassure you re: tingling. Twitches are like coughs- many reasons for them, the vast majority benign. ALS has a specific pattern of symptoms, and you aren't reporting anything a doctor would be concerned about.

With regards to your anxiety questions, there are some great online anxiety forums out there, some of which have subforums focused on various health concerns. A quick search online will bring up multiple places where there is lots of peer support. I think you will find them quite reassuring with regards to just how anxiety can affect you physically.

All the best

Klayla, and others.... as you wrote,

"Also do you all believe that anxiety can manifest itself physically? (Yes)
So if I’m hyper concerned about my knees giving they will do it more?
thank you all so much."

There are five types of anxiety… dedicate some research into your
anxiety as much as you have apparently researched ALS.

Here they are…

Generalized Anxiety Disorder. ...
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ...
Panic Disorder. ...
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ...
Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder.

The first two can be present together. OCD can develop from the
continuance of the first (GAD). Panic Disorder hits those who have
low tolerance handling crisis along with being anxious to begin with.

Social Phobia Anxiety is fear of being negatively evaluated against what
they believe they suffer and have shared with others, family, loved ones
and friends. They Neuro shop, pursue two or three EMGs not being able
to let go of their seemingly obsession they have with ALS.

Address your anxiety as Shiftkicker has suggested above.

Avoid what I have posted above,

One possibility is that between twisting, turning, corralling and lifting your kids, your knees are getting overused. Try stretches morning and night. I agree there is no reason to think of ALS.

Best,
Laurie

God bless each and everyone of you. I will not take up anymore of your precious time. I’ve bought myself a book on health anxiety and will be dealing with this. Thank you all for taking the time to speak to my trivialness. Thank you again, and you won’t see me here muddying up your thread when real issues should take precedence.
All my best
k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back