What is your experience with the speed of the website?

• Pages load fast 100% of the time

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Pages load fast 50% of the time

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Pages rarely load fast

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Pages never load fast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find browsing this site frustrating because of how slow it is

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
The upgrade for the site is complete and everything went very smooth (for the most part).

I wanted to send a big thanks to Al and Cindy for all their help.

An extra big thanks to Al for his gentle and kind kick in my pants to actually get the ball rolling :)

I'd also like to thank all of our members for their patience during the outage, and for putting up with a few small editing/posting issues during the upgrade.

Our next project is to roll out an articling system; more information to come.

In the meantime, please help me determine the speed and accessibility of the current website; I find the site is sometimes slow and am curious if perhaps it's time for a server upgrade.

The upgrade does increase the speed of pages, but I fear it's still too slow; I'd hate to think people get frustrated with our website due to page loading issues (something relatively easily fixed with an upgraded hosting package).

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

I find the site loads pretty fast more than half of the time; only occasionally is it really slow.

Question about user locations. They disappeared last week. I find this information really important in responding to queries. If I don't know where they live, it is often difficult to give a suitable answer. Is this loss a result of the upgrade and will it be restored? You guys are doing a great job for us by the way. Thank you.

John

Hi

Hi David, You do a great job. Thank you for making the Forum what it is. My Best to all, Beebe

Agree with John, site occasionally times out when loading.

I would also like the location of the person to be visible so that I may respond more specifically to their questions.

Thanks for all the work y'all do!

I have DSL and have no problems.

Hi David - I hate to click on the spot that says the site only loads fast 50% of the time because it is more than that, but less than 100. Occasionally I cannot get on and have to wait a while. I did tell a patient at the MDA Clinic I go to about the site and when I saw her next she said she spent a considerable amount of time writing her first post and it didn't post, so she left. So, I understand your concern because she really could have used this forum.

Thanks for all you do.

By the way folks. If you click on the person's name at the left of their post and then view public profile it will give you all the information they provided at sign up.
Hope this helps for now.
AL.

I'd like to leave this up until we have at least 75-100 responses (hopefully that doesn't take longer than a month or two).

The results don't mean much without a decent response.

On a good note, the speed of the site should be improving with the recent updates.

Cheers,

David

errr, for a computer guy i'm pretty slow myself...

The reason the pages load slowly for me is because I have my cache turned off; so i have to download the CSS and JS files every time the page loads

On the bright side, now that I've turned the cache on website loads lightning fast :)

Unstickifying the thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back