Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PK
State
IS
City
Islamabad
Hello I am 19 year old male it all started with lower back pain so used to play games all the time and I was a streamer because of covid I got the chance to stream day and night 9-10 hours I was sitting at the table one day I just couldn't move every movement was like electric shocks Doctor advices me to rest it seemed muscular pain the pain faded away in 2-3 weeks but I was not okay pain was still there I could not sit cross legged and I couldn't bend down fully anyways I went to the doctor he said MRI BLOOD TEST they all came back normal mri nothing was found no disc herniation blood test were normal he advices walk daily and no computer for 3 months I started walking and then suddenly twitching started happening it was mainly in my back calves buttocks and arches of feet ok so it was in. The lower part but soon after this it turned into body wide twitching it didn't twitch continuously it would twitch 1 time or 2 time and it would move on to the next place it was consistent if I twitched in my arm next would be my back feet leg anywhere but not that place it almost seemed like a cycle I went to nuero he said emg NCV I got ready for the emg NCV emg NCV was done everything was normal the doctor performing it said nothing is wrong and when the twitching didn't stop I went to Dr Google and it's been down the drain hole als als als I have been crying nonstop 24/7 and I got my emg after a month almost when twtiching started so I got it in August and I started twitching almost in early july so almost 2 months have passed I am still twitching I went to another neuro I told her my fear she said children don't have als she did some test she made me grip her finger she said close your eyes and raise your arms infront of u resistive test she almost made fun of me and said it's anxiety and to be happy I have a few questions please please answer it i have to prepare for medical entrance exam I am trying to become a doctor and I just can't study can't study please u guys are much more brave and strong hearted and I wasn't going to post but I just can't help it
Questions
1) why didn't my twitching showed up on the emg even though I wasn't twitching at the moment I did twitch a bit but it didn't showed up on the emg
2) I got tested only in my legs could it be a chance I could have als and it won't show up on the upper body
3) why I TWITch when I am at rest only do u guys twitched constantly with or without movement I twitch every time I am relaxed mode when laying down I don't twitch when walking running yes I can run a mile under 8 minutes but when I come back and lay down my body is full firing off
4) one more thing I have pollen allergy and its the season I sneeze alot and when I sneeze my abs would twitch and my back would twitch also is it a bad thing ? When ever I sneeze it would just twitch no pain but I can feel it every twitch I can feel it but no pain is involved it just irritating

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS I WOULD BE FOR EVER THANKFUL TO U GUYS

Ok I read and will answer.

the back pain ( which I think went away) is not an ALS symptom so whether it went away or not it does not matter.

twitching is extremely common and without clinical weakness and other things the doctor would have found even with a quick exam it means nothing. And the more you worry the more you twitch.

the emg is not to look at at twitching it is to look at how well your motor neurons work. If they had seen twitching it wouldn’t matter anyway

you don’t have any symptoms except twitching. Looking at your legs was more than enough.

it is common to have benign twitching after exercise though it doesn’t matter when you twitch. without other symptoms you do not need to worry

no , twitching after sneezing is nothing to worry about

read this if you need more information Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

if you are going to medical school get help with your health worries. Med school is stressful plus you learn about lots of illnesses it is easy to start thinking you have every one

THANK u very much for the quick response
❤️
How long does it usually take for someone to be diagnosed with als after how many months it happens ik the progression varys but is there a time limit

Someone who actually has ALS can be diagnosed quickly by a neurologist. There is often a delay getting to right doctor as people start with a gp and may see physical therapy an orthopedist etc with long waits for an appointment before they even get an emg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back