Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
CH
City
Hyde
Dear all, i am a waiting nevre condition and emg. Which I get nexted week. Ive had calf muscles twitching for 8 mths my g.p. had me in and did my reflexes and said they where hyper I nearly kicked him. In both legs. I have had cervical mri and neurologist is waiting on all my tests. Ive started to feel heavy around my shoulders I like am wearing a coat jacket made of lead. If you understand me. Like I've got someone sat on my shoulders but I don't?. And also my fingers on both hands feel funny like numbing. And my forearms feel like they are being twisted. I can move my arms and no problem with shoulder lifting. Am also getting a funny feeling like ive still got my glasses on over my nose. And feel like someone is touching my throat. And a numb tongue. And some times feel like ive got something stuck in my throat

Hi Flowers, none of that is ALS I'm very hapyp to tell you.

Try reading this very slowly and discuss your fears and concerns of what is happening with your doctor.

Hi all i had my n.c.s and emg yesterday it was so upsetting. The emg reading was clear. Nothing showing at rest she did both legs calf thigh one arm neck and tonge. Nothing all clear. I will get my results for n.c.s in September when I see neurologist. Am still weak in both arms and fingers. And my wrist feel weak. And still feel like am wearing a lead coat on my shoulders. Am I clear of mnd /als though the emg or will the results of the n.c.s. show I have mnd / als. Am so sorry to mither you all. I would be greatful if you could answer me thankyou

Yes the emg is the test for ALS. The ncs looks at other things

you are clear of ALS. Congratulations.

Thank you Nikki for your prompt reply it's been a hell. I do have both umn and lmn hyperreflexa my doctor said 8mths ago I've got mnd I was so upset I've been hard

Hyperreflexia is not a lower motor sign. Period. If you mean you have hyperreflexia in your upper and lower limbs that is not the same thing at all. Generalized hyperreflexia is often normal and if someone told you mnd based on that that was grossly premature. A gp is great but not qualified to diagnose mnd.

Congratulations on being clear of ALS! That's such great news - please let it go and start living now.

Anybody else experience this like a crushing Sensation through their body than their muscle twitches go intense and fast and then the eyes go googly and they get palpitations. It feels like a chemical release or rush through the body please help

You are not describing ALS. You had a normal emg. Continue to work with your doctor but your answer is not here

I would ask for a referral to a counselor specializing in the mind/body connection. When your mind/body are in "hyperarousal," often people will have the issues that you describe. Sometimes the cardiovascular system is involved as well, in which case an antihypertensive medication can help.

Nope, not a clue as to what you're talking about. That's because your symptoms have nothing to do with ALS. Keeping working with your doc, but there's no need to be here. That's a great thing.

Good luck to you in the future.

Am not convinced with my last emg ncs. Seen neurologist last week got him to give me second opinion. Which I've received today in a months time. They never did ncs on my arms only bottom of my legs. Where I don't have weakness. My upper back shoulders feel like dead weights I struggle most days. Holding a cup feels like holding a bucket. My whole body feels so heavy my legs too. Not every day but most of the time. I just have no energy. I also have cramp in my wrists which feel weak. The fasciculations are not has strong had they used to be they are more like little pops here and there. Now and again I'll get big one on my arm. For few mins then it goes. I have also started with diaphragm spasms last week which sometimes makes me breathless. My fingers feel stuff too. Mostly all day. I locked my door the other night and my fingers wouldn't let me I tried to turn the key my wrist went but not my fingers it hurt me. Like really bad cramp. Am worried sick that nobody listens to me and look at me like am mad. X

(Mod note, moved post to already existing thread)

Flowers, it's not clear what this forum can really help you with- we can really only tell you it doesn't sound like the pattern of symptoms that comes with ALS and to keep working with your doctors to track down the cause. It's also important to repeat that you really do need to get some help with working on anxiety while you search for answers.
Your doctors are the people who can examine you and conduct the appropriate tests. It sure sounds like you are unable to feel reassurance from the multiple replies you've already received here, so you really will need to head back to the doctors and have them explain the reasoning behind where and what they are testing for.

I'm so sorry you are in such deep distress.
It just isn't anything like ALS, not even a tiny bit.
You can only work with your doctors, or join a general health forum. We only do ALS here and no matter how many times you try to make your symptoms fit, they simply don't.
I am not saying nothing is wrong, or that you are mad, just that whatever is going on is NOT ALS. That means we really can't continue on here with this.
Go back to your PCP if you can't wait a month and get help with dealing with what is happening in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back