Other
Country
Fin
State
Helsinki
City
Helsinki
Dear friends,
My name is Jussi and I am 31 yo male from Finland. I am very concerned about my symptoms and would be very glad about Your opinions. My symptoms started few months ago with stiff legs and strange feeling in left arm. 2 Months ago twitching started. I have it all over my body, but mostly in my left feet (it feels like it is buzzing all the time, which is really making me very concerned), right arm and right eye-lid (ca 25 times a day for 3 seconds). I also have a feeling like my joints in my toes are moving (cracking) on their own. I was tested for Multiple Sclerosis (negative – only thing was a bit higher B6 in blood) and EMG was done. Only thing, that was found is neuromuscular hyperexcitability. Has that something to do with ALS? Doctor diagnosed Tetany and gave me high dosage of Magnesium (2 weeks ago – so far no change). Also she said, that my reflexes in hands/arms are a bit brisk, but bilateraly, which she said is not big deal? Also I have a feeling like buzzing in my legs and arms. Like when I hold my left biceps with right hand I feel the slight vibration (buzzing).
Thank You in advance for Your comments

Hi, Jussi. It doesn't sound like ALS to me.
ALS is about paralysis--your muscle goes limp and is useless. You didn't describe that.
Stiff legs and buzzing are not typical signs of ALS.
Twitching is so common it is not diagnostic of anything.
Bilateral brisk reflexes are fine. Some people do that.

The EMG is the gold standard test--if the EMG didn't find ALS, you don't have ALS and you're not going to get ALS.

If I were you, I would think about other diseases, not ALS. Your doctor is probably following the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back