Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
City
Madison
Please give me done sort of answer I am ruining my life, husbands, and parents. 3 months ago I started with a throat click when I swallowed, and followed by some trouble swallowing, now ent noticed muscle wasting on left side of neck and shoulder. I am weaker when washing hair with that same arm and some weakness with same side leg. My jaw aches. Now I've noticed a dark spot on tongue and twitching when I stick it out. I am paralyze by fear, MRI of head snd neck neg. throat emg tomorrow . I swear my tongue is changing shape on the side and it is making me lisping words . I am a 36 year old female, what r chances I have bulbar als , I do already have an autoimmune skin diagnosed called morphea as well
Please please help me

Deb,

There is nothing I can say to you that will help you or make you feel better - you're in panic mode. (understandably).

Your tests are tomorrow. One more day. Your mind is working overtime, but do try not to think the worse. There are MANY other treatable conditions.

One more day, Deb. Hang in there. You can do it.

Alas- mod-land again

Please try not to make yourself sicker with the fear. The anxiety and fear can make you far sicker than you can imagine. Like you said it will affect your family. think of what it is doing to your family and take some deep breaths. Take a time out away from them if you feel the need. Think about the time wasted on frear that could be making good memories. These are terrible diseases we deal with and rob us time so make use of the good time. Go to your doctor and listen to what they tell you, have patience because not all diganosises are easy to get. We are here for you and pray for you. Peace be with you.

Fear and anxiety are the worst - but normal. Try to calm yourself however it works for you. The emotional aspect can be just as dibilitating as physical ailments. Deep breathes. If you a faithful person - raise it up and ask for calmness of spirit. Good luck.

For the entire left side of your body to be affected without any area of that side of your body to be debilitated is not how ALS works. Furthermore, for your bulbar area and both limbs to be affected simultaneously as initial symptoms is not how ALS works. Therefore, given what you have shared . . . in my opinion . . . it doesn't point towards ALS.

Since you already have an autoimmune condition, your chances of getting another one are increased. It might very well be that you have another autoimmune condition that has decided to affect your motor nerves or muscles directly. That is one of a gazillion things it can be. I can sit here and continue to speculate but the people who will be able to tell you definitively what is happening to you are the physicians you will undoubtedly be seeing (starting tomorrow).

Let us know how things turn-out. I wish you peace in the meantime.

Hi Deb, how did it go at the doctor?

Good luck, I hope you found some good answers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back