Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ny
City
new york
I dont know what to do.. well kind of do.. Im going to get the rest of my test done. I still have intense deep twitching in thigh muscles and arms and feet. Its MAKING me insane.. How do i talk to my doc? Im also thinking of getting a new doc..

Is this of ALS, the twitching seems to get worse when i use my legs and arms... When i wake up i'm fine but as soon as i start to move in bed it starts.. The more i move the worse it gets, at rest its there but starts to slow down then stop. I dont have any cramps or weakness that i can think of.

Mars,

There are a variety of reasons that muscle twitching happens, and with many of them (including the benign ones) physical exertion and stress can make the twitching intensify. When I physically exert myself or tense my muscles (when I cough for example) it can start a bout of twitching.

I can sympathize with the stress of waiting, but you need to be patient and find something to distract yourself.

Best wishes,

Robert

i have been having all kinds of issues with my mouth, swallowing, issues with voice, lump in the throat, im have the next round of EMG soon..

Generally, twitching is not a sign of ALS. While PALS usually have twitching, most people with twitching do not have ALS. Even among PALS the twitching seems to differ quite a bit. My twitches are constant, gentle and steady, in my whole body. They started pretty abruptly last May and have continued non-stop with only minor variation in strength. I go to bed with them, sleep with them, and wake up with them, all unchanged. I almost never even notice the twitching any more, I am so used to it.

Good luck with your EMG, I hope you get a good result and it helps you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back