Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
Maybe I am “plateau-ing”. I haven’t fallen in a while and I haven’t "changed" lately. This could be good news.

Legs - Still able to walk, but I use a scooter inside and out

Arms/hands - Can work on computer

Voice - Can talk, kinda, but I am hard to understand, especially after a few drinks

Swallowing - Little trouble, but choke sometimes

Great news, Pat! And, Rose ... you're a genius, among your other accomplishments! :-D

Pat,

That's good news! I was wondering how you're doing.

Have you changed anything in your meds (lithium, rilutek, supplements) that could explain it? Anything at all? Maybe this just happens...

Keep the faith,
-Tom

I think it kind of just happens, Pat. Glad to see it is happening to you and I hope it goes on for a long time!

Hey Tom,

I did stop Lithium and Baclaphen(sp?) and increased Zoloft. But, I have had a runny nose for 3 months! (I'm still on Rilutek, for now)

Pat,

That's good news! I was wondering how you're doing.

Have you changed anything in your meds (lithium, rilutek, supplements) that could explain it? Anything at all? Maybe this just happens...

Keep the faith,
-Tom

Pat-
That IS great news! Sometimes Baclofen can inhibit the spastic tone you were using for your benefit if that makes any sense! You may have a runny nose and not runny feet, but I'll bet your feet still smell. tee hee.

The runny nose is driving me crazy. (I should clarify: Mine is, not yours.) Everything I try to drink now comes out my nose. I see the gastro guy tomorrow about the feeding tube, and I cannot wait.

Beth,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, let us know,
-b

Beth;
I'm on a waiting list for a feeding tube, I can hardly wait so I know how you feel. Good luck and let us know how it goes tomorrow.

So how did your visit go, Beth?

Pat,

I was happy to read this. I wish you were better, but at least you're not feeling like you're streaking down a black diamond ski slope!

Beth, yes.... I got Pat to come out and play, didn't I! 8) Please let us know about your gastro appointment. It sounds (to me) like your soft palate is to blame as far as liquids and the nose.

Cindy (sdsyd) love the new avatar! and your little rhyme.

Pat,

That'a great, I hope that's the way it will stay.

Thanks, guys ... I posted on another thread, but it looks like it may be as soon as next week. I am ready ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back