Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
Uni
State
RI
City
Providence
So, I'm having a pity party today -- I just feel bad for myself and sad. I know it will pass and I know it's normal but geesh, I just feel so bad for our sadness. I have a major project for work due in a few weeks and I need to just do it but I'm so overwhelmed and feeling sorry for myself. I'm letting go of as much as I can there is just a lot I need to do. I have 3 kids and a job and my hubby is doing as much a he can too. We are just in the weeds at the moment. I know you all get it. Everyone is helping as much as they can too -- it's just a reality slap moment.

I'm doing so much for everyone and I have so many wonderful people I can ask for help, I just wish that my pALS could help me more in these moments. He's really having a hard time and I can't bring this to him right now...I know I need to share the burden it just feels cruel at the moment. I feel alone. Again, I know you all get it and that's why I'm venting here -- I need to push through and I will but I am going to have a pity party first.

You are all invited.

Let it all out here - there is no solution, but there is lots of understanding from those in the same boat or who were.

Those reality slaps suck so much.

We had a pity party thread a few years back and it was awesome, good to see a new party venue has opened!

OK, I’ll join the party. My pity item of the day (PID?) is my PALS’/wife’s panties. Of course, she has to go the bathroom 150 times per day and getting her pants & panties down (with one hand, while holding her upright with the other) is not such a big deal.

However, getting things UP is a whole new challenge. Those darn bikini panties are difficult to grasp, they twist and turn, and end up in all kinds of cracks and crevices. With only one hand to work with, I feel like a one-armed wallpaper hanger.

And, on top of THAT, she’ll start laughing while I’m attempting these delicate maneuvers with her panties. Talk about adding insult to injury.

But I think I’ve found a solution – claspies. I ordered 3 pair (enough for several weeks*) and they are arriving tomorrow. A full report to follow.

And, that’s my PID.

Ken
* Just kidding.

Attachments

• claspies.PNG
    claspies.PNG
    362 KB · Views: 216
Commando might work better if she is comfortable with the idea?

PID - love it! :lol:

Just a general reminder: pull-on, wrap or zip-up stretchy short skirts, skorts and long skirts may work well for some ladies, offering more security if opting for the commando option.

Last edited:
THOMAS, thx for starting this. It's helpful and needed.

KEN, I'm glad she laughed. A sense of humor is SO NEEDED. My PALS Krissy went commando and wore (in the house) a night shirt which was a long pull-over. Her nightshirts each had nice memories from previous tours in Europe, so they gave good memories, and made changing and toileting easier at the same time.

Ken - TY, made me laugh!

Thomas933 we all have our days. I was cleaning out some drawers in preparation for a likely remodel here and came across a photo of my husband when he was well. A passport photo which is typically terrible but he looked so healthy and handsome. He is still handsome of course but his face is so much thinner and he looks older. I had a bit of a cry but tried to hide it. He's getting used to my leaky days.

We have entered the Year of the Depend Adult Undergarment. Fans of David Foster Wallace will get it.

I had many days like that. The sadness is overwhelming.

Joan

My pitty party right now is that the night before last a water pipe disconnected itself in the kitchen. Water sprayed out from under the sink like I never saw before. The whole kitchen floor was under water and the water found its way into the basement and dripped through light fixtures etc... we had plumber here yesterday, electrician and then a crew that set up mats, fans, dehumidifiers that will dry basement and kitchen floor and walls in supposedly 4-5 days. The kitchen is walled off w. plastic sheet. It's really hot in there. This equipment is VERY LOUD and we considered moving to a hotel but it is too inconvenient to pack everything up and move for a few days.
Whenever something 'big' happens I am thinking as if ALS isn't enough.... as if someone should promise to me that the rest of life is on hold... and it is to some degree.

The rest is not a pitty party - just deep sorrow.

There is a lot of sorrow but it also takes up so much bandwidth, we just have less capacity to handle life’s other disasters. One is enough. And ALS is more than enough.

I notice that I’m less able to handle the little bumps in the road. That’s when I’m trying to ask for help.

Oh dear Regina! I'm sure I would have had a meltdown. It's hard enough to handle the little things now. I hope you will dry out soon.

V

I've been through the flood/fans thing, Regina. Play music during the day, and use white noise apps at night. Change all your furnace filters and the Astral filter after the fans are gone and any repairs have been made.

You will get through!

Best,
Laurie

Commando might work better if she is comfortable with the idea?

Got her to try commando (in the house) yesterday. Using the commode/shower chair (on wheels), this was a much better experience for both of us.

Thank-you,
Ken

So, yeah - pity party -- the room with our beautiful fireplace is now filled with an ugly mental ramp, I lost my garage to ramps -- they are ugly and I hate them. I have to rearrange my whole house just so my poor hubby can live here. I hate this stupid disease, it can go F itself.....

and scene....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back