Pity Party - Please pull up a chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
A further down the road phase in the pity party: this disease has just about close to taken my pALS. Soon the ramps will be useless. I will have them removed and can look at the holes in the carpets. Much smaller than the hole in my heart.

Quote: "When the hospice nurse tells you you can stop taking your laxative you know you are close to the end". He still has his sense of humor!
We sure had a lot of laughs despite ALS.

Regina - I know I’ll miss the ramps!!! So sorry, hang in there. I’m glad you are still laughing.

Ditto that, Thomas!

Hugs Regina.

Thomas I get it - I gave over one spare bedroom to just pile furniture to the ceiling in as it was removed from other rooms to make space for equipment 💜

Yeah ditto Thomas933. My dream was to travel and my PALS promised me that when he retired he would travel with me. He had to shut down his business and retire when he was diagnosed. He is now in a walker and reluctant to leave the house. Instead of traveling together I'm going to use the money we saved to have an elevator installed in the house. Ugly metal ramps as well. Dr. tells me to learn to live with ALS as my PALS has a slow progression. Meanwhile I watch his body betray him, but slowly so it is somehow even worse. It sucks.

V

Yes it does. It. Sucks. I’m so sorry for everyone’s sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back