Pity Party coming on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey that's how I clean my house. I start in one room, find something that belongs in the bathroom, bring it there, and start cleaning there, but find something that belongs in the bedroom, bring it there and decide to make the bed, oh darn there's the remote control I couldn't find last night, I'll just bring that to the living room. Man the coffee tables are dusty better dust those, but I have to bring the coffee cup that was left there to the kitchen, and on and on and on, and then it is done. I figure it is quite efficient as I am not going back and forth and am saving steps. The only thing is if someone comes to visit and I have everything done but the living room, because I didn't have anything to bring there yet.

Have you ever put anything in a certain place because you thought that that would be the safest and easiest place to find it, but can't find it because evidently it wasn't as sensible place as you thought it was? Hid some junk food from my kids so well I didn't find it for 4 months.

I am the queen of the 'safe place'. Not even I can find something then!

Today he wanted his reading glasses, sure no problem ... He has 4 pairs of glasses, fairly new, 2 everyday pairs and 2 reading pairs. All came with their own cases of course. So I stride off confidently to get them ... ummmmm not in this room, that cupboard, up and down, check everywhere 3 times and quietly I'm laughing in a way that could almost be construed as hysterically, thinking oh no please don't tell me I put 3 glasses cases somewhere safe!

I did eventually find 1 pair of reading glasses, not in their case, on the coffee table that used to be in the lounge room but we don't have a lounge room anymore, just a little room that has all the lounge furniture squished into it.

Tomorrow I must be brave enough to find where could I possibly have put the others ... could be a long search, I've lost things for years at a time ... and that was BEFORE ALS!

Tillie glasses are an everyday game of hide and seek here also.
Before we got our ticket for this journey we blamed his speech on many things, maybe his speech problem was caused by his dentures? Off to the dental mechanic and a new set were made. No that did nothing to improve his speech. Okay, possibly it is his hearing, off to the hearing centre and lots of tests, no that was not the problem. Well it must be something to do with his eyes. Eye tests done and although he did need glasses it was not really an issue.
So as he had numerous pairs of Cosco reading glasses already we now have both. He uses all of these approx. three times a day. Just try and find any of them!
Of course he sits there on his throne hollering, GLASSES need GLASSES!
Unbelievable, time to dance again.
Hugs
Linda

Funny story about the glasses ladies. I'm still looking for a prescription pair that I "misplaced" 10 years ago. Maybe one day I will say lost. Had my sister go the the dollar store and purchase 10 pairs. That was at Christmas. Already have "misplaced" 2 pair. Wait a minute, I've not checked in the freezer. Be back later.

back before ALS, there was this time my husband was so cranky because he couldn't find his favourite dollar store pair of glasses...

about 6 months later as I was weeding a garden we had made, I pulled up this bit of metal, and wondered what it was, then a found a bit more ... yeah you got it, not only had he dropped them in the new garden as we were making it, but had chopped them up in the process!

What is really eating me about these glasses though is that I have put them in their nice cases and 'put' them somewhere.

I have my reading glasses on a string around my neck, luckily my head is permanently attached :shock:

Tillie (loving this party!)

Do you ever feel like you just 1/2 do stuff. I started painting a wall, then felt a draft. I fixed the draft, then remembered I had to do laundry. Then I went back to painting but it had all dried up. I start so many projects that just never seem to get done. And yes, my husband was so convinced that he was going to get rich on gold and sliver and thinks that all the commercials about them are fact !

Talking about misplaced stuff, how about misplaced thoughts? I find myself making mental notes while I am driving or in the shower to do this and do that, and then completely forget about it. Even worse, say for instance I will be putting the glasses on my hubby and while doing it remember that I need to close the window after I am done. Then in less than a minute poof, it's gone, and the window is still open. I go my merry way sorting laundry or something like that. After a few minutes I hear him calling me to come and close the window. I finally figured out that no one reads mental notes, definitely not me. So lately I have started dictating my mental notes aloud to myself. That seems to be working, but then sometimes I forget to read my mental note about that, and then I am in trouble again.

Calendar reminders!

You wouldn't believe how much stuff I put in my phone calendar with reminder alerts. BUT if I don't jump and do it when the alert goes off ...

I've put the washing machine on only to realise later I never put any clothes in lol

No way would I cope at all if it wasn't for the hours of home help that come in. I have lists of what they do for them to follow, and it has taken so many things off my mental note list!

My newest challenge is making coffee. I either forget to put coffee in or forget to put the water in. What is that? I shake my head, add whatever is necessary at the time and promise myself to do better the next time. So the next time I go through the steps out loud while preparing it and then forget to turn it on! Kind of scary aye?
Oh well party on.
Hugs
Linda

I resent that they say "automatic" washer & dryer, it is a lie. I put the close in, and go to empty the dryer only to find that I hadn't turned it on when I loaded it. If it was automatic it would have turned itself on, not just off, so in my opinion it is misrepresentation, they should be called semi-automatic. Then after that load dries and alarms that it is finished I discover that the washing machine is semi-automatic too. AHHHH!
Just so you know, I am sitting here with a pillowcase I was going to fold, but came in to turn the light off in my office, saw this thread, and now sit here with the pillowcase warming my lap. Well I had better get back to work, now what was the other thing I came into the office for?

Don't turn that light off Paulette, we want you to wander back in and talk to us LOLOLOL

If the washer was automatic wouldn't the clothes be in it for me?

if it was really automatic, it would fold the clothes and put them away in the drawers too!

Have you ever had nights when your mind will not shut off. I feel like one of those rats on a wheel. Did I handle everything today, check my list, call about a bill someone has coded wrong, meds ok, call about supplies, no don't think about ALS and on and on. My sweet sister suggested that I go thru the alphabet and say a prayer for everyone with that name. Ok I start off with A - Abby, B - Brian and so on. I got to O. OMG who do I know that is O? So I continue, will get back to O later. Now everything is going fine. X - oh no! I don't know anyone with X. It's 3am now. I feel like calling her and asking if that could be there last name. Surely she won't mind! Ok back to the O. After 15 more minutes, I come up with OSCAR the Grouch from Sesame Street. I kinda know him. Back to the X. Now I'm worked up and jerked up trying to find a X. Couldn't go to sleep for another 15 minutes. Lesson learned. Have a list ahead of time!

Good afternoon...
Talking about "automatic" washer dryer.. I agree. Lies, all lies... and they should make a folder.. and a put-away-er....and then .. I have this "non cooking sink"...I put something frozen in it in the am and it is still not cooked at dinner time.. What the heck?
My husbands aide came out to ask me where his hydrocortisone cream was. for dry skin... I told her to use Preparation H cause he is a giant Pain In The Ass! ;)

Good Morning,
Sorry... but I had an ongoing pity party... I curl up in the fetal position sitting on the floor, with my back wedged between the cupboard door and the wall. I just think and cry and ask myself how am I going to do this? ?
I feel like we must have been abducted by aliens and dropped on some sicko planet so they can do weird experiments on us....I know this is really weird sounding but how else do you explain it.
Hugs
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back