Pity Party coming on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Barbie, I guess I have to confess my ignorance at not knowing what a rollie pollie is :)

I think another name for them is pill bug? they are little cute bugs that roll up when you mess with them.

Ok, Wah wah. I got all this new stuff for the bed to make my DH more comfy--and he still wants to roll around. that is ok, but it is harder now for me to move him and adjust him with the air mattress and extra pillows. Before I didn't even have to fully wake up or sit up--I just pulled him toward me by his top arm or pushed him away with my feet(!) to his other side. Now I have to get up, un-bury him from the blankets and pillows and props, and pick him up to move him over a few inches so he doesn't slide down off the air pad and head pillow. Dang it! now my tendonitis is acting up and I feel grumpy.

In the South we call them doodle bugs.

Ah the pillow dance, I know of which you speak. Mine woke me a few times as head pillow too low, then with head up higher the seal on his face mask was poor so BiPap alarmed. Then I am woken by the bed shaking? Is there an earth quake, hubby can't move, not true, he can wiggle his shoulders. He has an itch in his right armpit that is driving him insane, and I can't reach it now that he is propped up with pillows. Out of bed to the other side, scratch, scratch, all is well. Except 1 hour later I hear Darth Vader calling me,"Honey, Honey?", no it's Hubby, and both hands clutched in fists, and hurting him, could I do something about it. In my sleep I stumble down to my work shop thinking I might cut him some hand splints but remember there is a 10" X10" piece of foam that is 3" thick so I cut 2 pieces 4" wide pull a long work sock over each one, put each hand on one and fold the extra sock back over his fingers. Presto, hand splints that are soft and keep his fingers straight. I think I got 3 hours sleep, before I had to get up and start his shower routine, then out the door with him to get groceries, and do a few chores down town. We treated ourselves with a Boston cream filled donut, as we parked in the van looking out over the frozen bay. Someone had made a life sized polar bear out of snow, out on the ice. I had to thank God for giving me the solutions I needed so quickly, and the treat of snow art.

Good Morning CALS,
Paulette you are the "BEST!" Great thinking!
Pretty amazing how well a desperate person can think so fast and be so innovative!
Boston cream donuts mmmmmm.
My girlfriend came over a couple of nights ago and made Mexican food, oh it was so good. Barney tried but ended up with a big bowl of pureed soup. He loves Mexican food.
Yesterday was busy. Same girlfriend came up to stay for the day while I was going to town but... it is really cold here...and she has a small older home that is wood heated. Meanwhile another friends house burnt to the ground the night before. So I kept the girlfriend here went and arranged for donation jars to be put out at the store and let it be known it was a drop off for clothing etc. I got together some groups to organize a benefit and then came home to more company. ( Remember Barney is still handling everything well.) Girlfriend and I made bran muffins and all company left. Barney laid down and hooked up his V-pap then.... More company arrived, our niece and her two little ones. I put a band-aid on Barneys nose because his mask was irritating his nose. The six year old was intently looking at the band-aid and I could see the little wheels going in his mind. I told him he should have been here a week ago, Uncle Barney had been hollering NOOOO so I punched him in the nose, he had had two black eyes and a big bandage on his nose. The little guys eyes got really big and Uncle Barney started hollering NOOOO, NOOOO all over again. I tried to explain that I was just teasing but to no avail. Needless to say they left shortly after that. Obviously I will not be teasing anymore. I have to start thinking in the now and not how we used to be. Safe to say our old teasing, fun life is gone!
Hugs
Linda

thanks for the huge laugh Linda :lol:

Paulette I bought some foam wedges, but they are too big and he won't have a bar of them, so one day I hope to get the energy to get creative with them and make my own pillow dance bits.

thanks for the pm support to so many of you. hard week here. still standing though!

Linda, I had a lot of problems with sores on hubbies nose from face mask at night, then I noticed the fabric wraps they had for his nasal pillows to stop irritation on his cheeks, and it reminded me of the micro cloths I have for cleaning glasses, and I had some large ones for house cleaning. I searched them out washed them, put his face mask down on one, traced the out line cut it out and cut the center out 1 ½ inch from the edge. This made a gasket that I put on under the mask, and voila, no irritation and actually decreases the leaks. I med a few more with the remaining clothes and was them in the laundry. I do have to trim off the occasional frayed thread but they work great. Just call me McGyver.

Paulette

Question to my Barney, "Are you hungry?"
Printed answer, "Yes No"?
Hugs
Linda

suggestion to my husband, instead of attempting to say yeah and no, which sound too much alike, how about you say 'uh' for yes, and 'uh uh' for no, then it's easy for me, 1 sound or 2 sounds. can you do that? 'uh' good that means yes, great!

would you like xxx? 'uh' and he shakes his head meaning no at the same time...

is that a yes? uh
is that a no? uh

Oh tillie I can just picture what you wrote--the mysteries of the yes no answers! Oh boy!

What a crazy week all around! With very little sleep I get so silly--I think I've coined a tune for just about every task--whistle while we work (caregive)! It's the oddest thing to walk around with a virtual bubble over your head and wonder how u got there! I told my pals it's like going through a pitch black maze with blind folders and the good lord walks you through each step!

Oops gotta run I here rumblings in the dark and sense some night shifting to begin!

Tired, tired, tired tired ...

Linda, when my husband shakes his head it is kinda in a circle motion so I can't always interpret it correctly--and when he speaks yea it COULD also be no, so we use both those method plus the eyebrow lift: up and away for yes, up and toward the nose for no. oh, and add in an exasperated huff with the no. and a "mmmmm" for yes.

with all that, I still get it wrong sometimes! :)

Oh yeah is the constant, to the point of him saying it over and over again to himself. Then I cry because I know he feels trapped with his "Oh yeah world."
NOOOOOOOOOO is at the height of frustration which also has me in a spin because I cannot for the life of me figure out what he is trying to say!
He prints what he hears himself saying and because his words are quite often a mumbo jumbo that is what he prints.
"Rs" are non longer a part of his speech therefore are not a part of the printed word.
I understand I am fortunate to be able to still figure out some of it and can only imagine how terrible his world is.
Love him with every part of me.
Hugs
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back