Pity Party coming on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palette honey--I have done the same thing! I happen to love grocery shopping and embarrassingly that is a wonderful outing for me with out my husband.

I think the bible study would be a wonderful outing for you and your neighbor sounds great! he better not refuse you--especially if he is a member of your church! you could always make an announcement at church in front of everyone about how wonderful he is to help you so he wont have the guts to back out :) !

thanks mum (barbie)

love you Tillie!

PS. love you all. we are sisters (and a few brothers) together.

I have been in this journey for almost 5 years and I still have questions of WHAT IF and WHEN... each person is different...there have ben people diagnosed after my husband that have passed away. Some of them still walking, talking, dressing, driving...
I too feel the frustration of being the interpreter.. I feel like the jumping chicken sitting here entertaining people while they visit. My husband cannot speak and hasn't been able to for 4 years. He sits in his wheelchair at his desk with a laptop..he can communicate through texting (one finger.. hunt and peck). but when people come to visit.. he wont do it..when he first started losing his speech, it was getting harder to understand..I got really upset trying to listen and decipher what he was saying. his family would talk to me instead of him...

I hate to admit this but ...

... sometimes I can pretty much catch what he is saying when visitors are here, but I pretend I can't and he has to repeat a few times and with luck a visitor gets it and I kind of slip away ...

bad girl Tillie!

Oh Ladies ! I wish I had joined the party a few days ago when it started. It seems like you are having a good time venting. I had to smile at each one of the lines! Today, when moving my husband in the sling to the commode, he pooped all over the place. Since he is on a peg tube, it was not a great consistency. Carpet is ruined - but oh well. I had to smile at the depends also. We do use those at times, but I must say, when he consistently uses them he seems to be right on the edge of bed sores - even when he doesn't get them wet. We have tried the condom catheter, but I think we will try it again with depends (the catheters tend to leak). I agree also about the interpreting. Sometimes I think OMG! you are his sister, give it a better try to figure out what he is saying! etc etc etc….

Barbie you are a "WARRIOR", did we ever need that!
I so enjoyed my visit with mom today. I even treated myself to a wonderfully delicious special coffee, an ooey gooey donut, it was all sooooo good! Here I am driving my truck, going to my moms eating and drinking special things, it was the stars may not even be the limit. I did not have to stop to wipe, no choking spells and better yet no nasties. It just felt "Unbelievably Great"
Our youngest son gave me an appointment for a ninety minute massage in Nov. I told the wonderfully skilled and talented lady, please do not make me go home, I just want to stay forever. She laughed, little did she know I meant it!
We have got to get out on our own. It certainly helped me today.
Hugs
Linda

I went to the grocery store today, and I kept pulling silly grinning faces and nearly laughing in public as I just kept thinking of all you gals!

I bought hot chips, wow I'm not a big potato fan but they really were so good!

I find now I often feel a bit guilty and either eat certain things in another room or just don't eat certain things now as my husband can only eat puree at a soup consistency. So those chips really were a treat!

I did come home, but again when I got in my car I started laughing again thinking of this thread.

Before I got home after eating my chocolate I made sure I was chewing gum so they couldn't smell it on my breath.

I ate mine before I even started the shopping...

hang on Paulette, are you saying you would get in trouble if you came home smelling like chocolate?

No, wouldn't get into trouble at all, just a guilty indulgence, that and I don't like to share my chocolate. I still had half the chocolate bar in my purse, had is the operative word.
Everyone else is tucked into bed, yum.

My PALS can't eat chocolate now. Even though he loves it, he would find it harder to watch me eat hot chips or a bacon and egg roll or something as he gets real cravings to pick up something big in his hands and bite right into it and CHEW.

I always feel that I'm entitled to my pity parties but it really is horrible to think of losing the ability to enjoy food, especially as he worked with food much of his life.

Oh just love it, we are all so real and sooo compassionate !
I could no more eat some yummy delectable in front of Barney than fly to the moon. I have lost over 40 lbs. on this journey and really cannot
loose any more.
Hugs
Linda

Thank you girls for a laugh this morning, you all are funny!
My hubby is still fortunate enough to eat and drink almost everything still, but noticing him taking too big of bites. With the voice loss getting greater, just keeping a special eye on the swallowing.
On that got to go, thanks again ladies!

Time to propose a toast:
Live, Love and Laugh!
Live our lives to the fullest, Love our mates to the maximum and laugh till we pee our pants!
Hugs
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back