Pity Party coming on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS has definitely brought me to my knees many times, but it hasn't broke me!

And it won't Barbie. Already you have touched so many lives, and helped so many people because of this disease. You and so many others are incredible people and I am proud to be your friend.

What do we have to be made stronger for? Look around this world and what is going on, and I don't think it is going to get any better. We have to be stronger for our children and their children that are going to be living in this spiralling world. Please don't get me wrong, I believe that I am blessed to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I know that I and my family live better than 90% of the people in this world. I know that my life could be so much worse and I am thankful even for this challenge, as it makes me even more aware of how much is available to us, and thankful for my health. But mostly I am thankful to have this amazing man in my life, even if it is for a short time, he is a treasure.

Amazing how fast ALS has progressed! When I started this thread I had so many questions and now the majority are answered. Muscles are being lost in his left hand, food is being pureed, speech is all but gone, legs are cramping and now on a V-pap machine for breathing? FTD is also progressing.
Think I will have a chocolate. I am not going to have a private pity party!
Hugs
Linda

broke a toe (mine!)

lucky we have lots of equipment here for me to shuffle about with!

chocolate and red wine please

oh no! for real Tillie? I am sure you got a lot of sympathy...

for real Barbie!

lovely colours coming out, I'm on his hospital bed with ice pack while he sleeps on his recliner (thought I would keep him company so he went to sleep HA)

Oh Tillie, sending you the wine and chocolates, " NOW!"
Hugs
Linda

I'm sure I'll get sympathy here Barbie, but not at home. He hasn't been nasty about it, he is sorry I hurt myself, but it isn't going to change his constant asking for things after I hobble out of the room ...

Let the wine and chocolates can flow thanks Linda!

yes, I understand--I was joking!

the other day I was trying to fix a broken cover on an out let and foolishly forgot to flip the breaker. I grabbed the darn thing and shocked myself! I screamed (loudly cause it hurt!) and fell backwards. I sat there on the ground in the kitchen and rubbed my arm and waited for someone, anyone to check on me. well, one of my dogs mosied in a couple minutes after she got up off the couch to see what the fuss was about. she probably thought it was eatin' time again. my husband was in the next room...not one peep. my two kids were upstairs--nothing.

I got up and went into my husband's office and told him what happen and he said--"oh, I heard you scream and wondered what happen." obviously not enough to check on me! he was laughing at me for getting shocked. I was so mad!

Sorry about your toe Tillie, I meant to say something earlier but something caught my attention for a split seconded and I forgot. Barbie that is just shocking! I gave myself a fright the other day while showering hubby, when I saw scarlet red on the floor of the shower. Oh no! What is bleeding? Felt like a fool when I actually focused on it and realized that the red was my newly pedicured and painted toe nails. Snort!

Barbie so sorry for you shocking news! Glad you are okay, I hate electrical shocks.
Paulette love the fact you had a pedicure mmmm pure unadulterated pleasure! Maybe red is not such a great color? In my mind I pictured the event and also had to do the "snort".

Ok ladies, back in the party! Getting kinda stressed do to the fact I have to go on a business trip on mon. And will be gone til thur afternoon. I think I have all my bases covered, except the one where I actually have to go..... This will only be the second time I have left since diagnosis. And the first time things were still ok. But..... I have his brother coming to spend the nights with him, then the caregiver in the morning till noon, then a niece till the brother gets there again.
Think I'm gonna have to spin the bed around though so when he has to use the bathroom at night, he can just get on the porta potty. ( instead of his brother having to hold the jug) ... I'm not sure about this guys...... Good thing is though, I will only be a couple hrs. Away in case something goes wrong but, still nerved up.
And then a tiny little part of me is so excited.... But that quickly fades to guilt....
Thanks for letting me ramble... Is this really gonna be ok?

Worries for nothing, meeting cancelled! Should have known!

oh sissy, I was so excited reading that post, feeling all the guilt and excitement and the planning of it all with you as I read it ... then I nearly cried when I read the next one.

You shouldn't tell anyone, just go take a break!

Barbie I knew you were joking and you all understand, that's what makes this pity party so much better than having one on my own

Sissy, I was also hoping you could get away and don't feel guilty. My Pals was in the hospital the first part of January for a bowel obstruction. He was in there for 3 days. I slept in until 10am on 2 days and 11am on one day. Went out to dinner 2 nights to a restaurant and had a hot meal. Haven't been to a restaurant in over a year. Spent 4 hours each day at the hospital. Went to the grocery store and took my time going down each aisle. Not like a maniac running people over with the buggy with my usual speed shopping. Had a long hot leisurely shower every night. Listened to music while I drank a glass of wine. Read the paper. No poop patrol, no suctioning, no flipping bell ringing every 5 minutes. I felt like I had been let of prison....the guilt came in when I found out he was being discharged. I wasn't happy - I was wishing they could keep him a couple of more days. I had to get that out of my head. I'm only human....and it all starts again. I love him dearly - just needed a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back