Not open for further replies.

Jennyjen

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
04/2021
Country
CA
My PALS is struggling with pain in her neck and shoulders due to holding her head up. We have a neck brace for during the day but she’s not comfortable at night. Looking for recommendations on a good pillow for sleeping. Thanks!

Does sleep flat? On her back? On her side? Can she tell where she needs extra support?

My wife and I both use the Mediflow Water Pillow. The firmness of the pillow is determined by the amount of water added to the pillow. They are the best pillow we have ever owned. We love the ability to adjust the firmness when needed. It will take two or three attempts to get the initial firmness set, but the effort is worth it.

It is available direct from Mediflow or on Amazon.

ahhh the pillow dance. We had a mountain of pillows for different areas of the body and different situations.
Sometimes a travel pillow that curves around the neck can give that support. But more information as Nikki asks will help us give better answers.

You might try a latex (filled with shreds that you can add/remove/relocate fill) pillow or a shoulder pillow. I don't see the exact shoulder pillow we used on Amazon right now, but if you look for shoulder pillow, you will see an assortment, some marked for back vs. side sleepers.

The angle of the bed, often with both the head and feet up a little to take pressure off the joints, is also important to comfort. She may also need padding under her elbows, knees and/or heels.

She is a side sleeper but tends to roll more to her back. She still has mobility in one arm but strength is an issue for her to reposition herself and her pillow.

I am a side sleeper and currently dealing with neck/ upper back pain. Here is what works for me ymmv. I have a very firm queen size pillow under my head. I tried a lot before getting one the right size and firmness. That is obviously individual maybe Bill’s pillow would work though I see some said in the reviews it wasn’t firm enough for them even at maximal fill. I have two body pillows one goes at my back to keep me in position the other I use in front as you see in most pictures but pushed down a little bit because with the neck issue I have another regular pillow that I use to position my top arm. Right now it needs to be in a precise position or it aggravates my neck. Hope this gives you some ideas

Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back